Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:27 PM

275 posts, read 978,829 times

Advertisements

According to my understanding, American people is in favour meanwhile down of the border are in favour.

Unfortunately there is no birth control in Mexico, so the popullation has grown and there are no jobs for all people. Thanks to NAFTA many people have job, if those factories leave Mexico, those jobs will dissapear.

I agree that NAFTA was realized on 1994, so new ideas have come and most be regulated. The problem is that Trump want to take the whole cake for NAFT, and that im concluding it because there are more threats than agreements, that is why the mexican stock is having a "nervous" behavour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 04:30 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,707,148 times
I've just read that Ford is moving all US small car production from Michigan to, and you've guessed it, Mexico. And nobody really took Trumps promises seriously, he is a pathological liar after all.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:38 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
As long-ago President of Mexico Portifirio Diaz once said,
"Poor Mexico, so far from God, so close to the United States."

As a former expat in Mexico for 5 years, I hope Trump realizes it is far better to be friends with your neighbors.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:24 AM

55 posts, read 63,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I've just read that Ford is moving all US small car production from Michigan to, and you've guessed it, Mexico. And nobody really took Trumps promises seriously, he is a pathological liar after all.
This was announced back in September, so they were already doing this long before he was elected.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:44 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,796,433 times
I think Mexicans need to stop giving him so much attention. Stop feeding his ego.

This may be a blessing in disguise for Mexico to start being more independent and look to expand its markets elsewhere so as to not be so attached to the US.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:53 PM

275 posts, read 978,829 times
My interests run according to my investment in stock, any bad news could depress me more, cause it would mean more loss.

Americans just have to admit that thanks to Mexico many of the things you get are affordable

Old 11-17-2016, 08:19 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,796,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
My interests run according to my investment in stock, any bad news could depress me more, cause it would mean more loss.

Americans just have to admit that thanks to Mexico many of the things you get are affordable

Well, that's how investments are. You win with some, you lose with others.

In this day and age, they would never admit to any benefit of trade. Most are ignorant about basic economics and more so about trade agreements.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:45 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,052,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
[/b]

Well, that's how investments are. You win with some, you lose with others.

In this day and age, they would never admit to any benefit of trade. Most are ignorant about basic economics and more so about trade agreements.
I would say that Americans have more awareness of this stuff than at any point in our history. It used to be that the vast majority of our information was fed to us through the AP or Reuters. Only those who took the time read books on economics had access to unfiltered opinions. Typically, that would be the people who were in the industry. Not too many people read books on economic theory for a weekend read. Today, information is far more accessible and layman know far more about the economy than ever.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:15 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,331,095 times
Unfiltered economy data? The US is not Russia. The Stock Market is all there's to it, and the Market discounted Trump in three hours. Economy, in case you are an economist, is a social science so as there are hundreds of interpretations.

Trump's economy is very old, ISOLATINISM, "AMERICA FIRST", etc...but archaic nowdays, not only archaic, DISTOPIC. If America would have pursued ISOLATIONISM beyond PEARL HARBOUR . 12-7-1942 - They would still be immersed in Recession, the recession from 1929 to 1941.

Nobody should take him seriously, he's not as bad as Hillary and might correct a few things. He's not LE PEN, he's Berlusconi, but funnier.

Last edited by karstic; 11-20-2016 at 06:27 AM..

Old 11-20-2016, 01:07 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I didn't vote for Trump and won't excuse his more outrageous rhetoric... however you need not take him literally. His own voters don't take him literally. Trump will tweak trade deals but he knows a trade war would cause an American recession and loose him the senate and house in 2018 and reelection in 2020.
It's kind of baffling how people continue to give him the benefit of the doubt as if he's every shown himself to be a reasonable, thoughtful man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico