Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 9,115 times

Advertisements

WOW Thanks Steve, the inforamtion you provided is very helpful especially being that I have a family and a two year that I am eventually gonna have to take with me daily for school in the U.S. Well have to meet up once there! We do not know anyone and will need friends . Also thank you for your serving our country here in the US. Hope you are well and nice to have met you.

Kind Regards,
Tina Thompson BullBoxer31
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 04:40 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,602,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
... Personally I buy my things in Chula Vista Walmart or Henrys mkt ...
So that you know, Henry's merged with Sprouts so you may well see a name change on a Henry's market.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,939,081 times
I was in the Grocery trade for 23 yrs and well knowledged with change of ownership and the tatics used for the trade.

Changing a well established/reputation name to a unknown (local) trade name is NOT always the best way to go. I saw this personally in the past having contacts/business with the old/new owners.

Customers are finicky and not always happy with a store changing things around which is the case with new owners trying to put their own ideas into motion.

Safeway had a poor reputation in Southern Calif while being prominent in Northern Calif.

They wanted to be in the south Calif area so ended up buying out the Von's Mkts. You can find Safeways own private labels in Von's mkts...that would be the extent of the Safeway name.

Will not go into the vast details of how I know all this.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:19 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,498,980 times
You could get a nice house in Rosarito for $300 - $400 a month

Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,792 times
Red face rosarito bound

my kids and i are moving to rosarito beach soon....... since we are american and non-spanish speaking people....... where would the kids go to school? would the school teach in english? help!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 PM

Living in Rosarito is okay......as for the kids going to school......across the border in San Ysidro is what will have to be.

You do not want your kids going to the local schools since they do not speak Spanish and also you do not have a FM2/3 ( I assume) Legal Residence in Mexico. This alone will more then liikely be the correct answer.

There are many Americans living here and the kids go across the border every day to school in San Ysidro......walking across.

I have lived here over 16 yrs and and have a neighbor 2 doors over who was taking her son each day...dropping him off at school in San Diego.....going to work and picking him up after school and back to here. Can be done.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,792 times
Lightbulb hopelessly lost kentuckian

i know i asked this before..... but my memory stinks. im moving to rosarito with my kids.....girls ages 13 and 10..... what are the schools like there? private schools? also, have you been to the new walmart in rosarito yet? i know this is random..... but 2 things i cant live without are big red (soda) and velveeta shells and cheese...... by some miracle are these items available there or do i have to order these things online? also, not a big fish eater.... can you buy beef/chicken/steak there? are many american items at the rosarito walmart? sorry.... i know these are allot of questions.... but i have hundreds more

Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM

Rosarito Walmart is different then that of the US. Many items are for the Mexican taste which again differs from the US.

The Mexican Mkt (tastes) is different where common US items do not warrant shelf space here as you would find out eventually......I did.

The meat is about 98% US beef as I recall reading from yrs past. They do not bring the beef in from central Mexico.

One thing I did not like about the MEAT here is they cut Steak or Pork Cops newspaper THIN......being large in size gives the impression of getting a lot for your money.

In fact our Electricity is supplied from CFE via Calif/Nev connections.......when Calif had the outage a while back...so did we.

A schools for schools......don't know abMexicanout private but the public schools have Uniforms.....then again you need LEGAL FM2/3 status for them to attend......not everything here is FREE as in the US.

If the girls speak Spanish they would get along then again I have a neighbor (Mexican/Americans) who has a 9 yr old son that speaks NO Spanish and goes to school across in San Ysisdro. (Boy is US born)

Many students cross the border during the week for the San Ysidro School district being US born or parents (Mexican or otherwise) living in TJ/Rosarito areas.

Do wish you luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico