Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,277,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I agree with you el inombrable. Mexico is too big of a country to blame for this incident. I do not even blame some of the misinformed forumers here. I blame the US media.

My mother just came back from Mexico on Sunday. She had no problems, nor did she fear for her life. I leave tomorrow to Mexico and today at work, I have been stopped at least by 15 people (all Americans) asking me, begging me to not go to Mexico. While I assure them that I will be okay and that this event is hundreds of miles away from where I will be, they cant seem to understand that this drug problem requires the cooperation of both nations or there will be no solution at all.
Thats ridiculous. Do you not see the problems in Mexico are in part because of everyday citizens attitude towards corruption, towards accepting the abuse of the wealthy. Quite frankly, Mexico is very broken. I have a loving family in Mexico and they are tired of it... and they love Mexico. Mod edit: get your facts straight first before posting.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 03-16-2010 at 07:36 PM..

Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
When the Taliban and Al Qaeda attacked the U.S. embassies in Africa, Clinton attacked their bases. The U.S. consulate in Mexico has now been attacked.

3 people associated with U.S. consulate killed in Mexico - CNN.com
The US consulate was not attacked. Two consular officials were shot at at the border. Please read the article that you quote as it does not seem like you read the article at all.

There were no large scale attack at the US Embassy in MX city or in one of the consulates across Mexico. It was NOT similar to the attack in Dar es Salaam or Nairobi.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
The US consulate was not attacked. Two consular officials were shot at at the border. Please read the article that you quote as it does not seem like you read the article at all.

There were no large scale attack at the US Embassy in MX city or in one of the consulates across Mexico. It was NOT similar to the attack in Dar es Salaam or Nairobi.
People really do make excuses for murderers. They were part of the american consulate. Whether they are killed at the embassy or anywhere else is irrelevant. Young couple, their baby girl in the back seat, the 25 year old mom was 4 months pregnant. You let me know if this is not enough to raise an eyebrow for you. If not move on to the next thread.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
People really do make excuses for murderers. They were part of the american consulate. Whether they are killed at the embassy or anywhere else is irrelevant. Young couple, their baby girl in the back seat, the 25 year old mom was 4 months pregnant. You let me know if this is not enough to raise an eyebrow for you. If not move on to the next thread.
People really like to make assumptions about people they do not know anything about. Now here am I making excuses for murderers. I am merely pointing out that as the OP you have responsibility to read what you are posting without embellishing. In your opening post you talk about EMBASSY BOMBINGS when the article has no mention of ANY building being attacked. I read the article not having heard of this incident and was surprised that no embassy building was attacked. And by the way, attacking an embassy staffer is not the same as attacking an embassy. If a dog attacks a mailman this does not construe an attack on the entire US Postal Service. Lighten up Frances.. and leave drama for Broadway.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
People really like to make assumptions about people they do not know anything about. Now here am I making excuses for murderers. I am merely pointing out that as the OP you have responsibility to read what you are posting without embellishing. In your opening post you talk about EMBASSY BOMBINGS when the article has no mention of ANY building being attacked. I read the article not having heard of this incident and was surprised that no embassy building was attacked. And by the way, attacking an embassy staffer is not the same as attacking an embassy. If a dog attacks a mailman this does not construe an attack on the entire US Postal Service. Lighten up Frances.. and leave drama for Broadway.
Like I care if they attack a building. (As long as there is no one inside.)

Old 03-16-2010, 07:04 PM

We all make assumptions. I don't know if you are aware of the murders in Mexico. Lots of women, men and children. It has been happening for years in Juarez, since the early 90's. I guess I am tired of seeing murder and mayhem so close to me. I wish I was far away. I was in the Army in the 90's, I would not have minded going into Mexico and taking care of this horrible problem. The couple was killed in cold blood, and they deserve justice. They are not alone this year. The death toll is over 400 since the beginning of the year. A couple of months ago those cowards went into a high school party and killed 14 teenagers. They would kill anyone. So yea I am a little dramatic, and I gladly put the shoes on. Sometimes Drama is reality.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:21 PM

I am not the only one concerned.

Protests greet Mexico's Calderon after U.S. killings | Reuters

Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times
This thread continues open because I believe it is important to talk about such delicate matters, however I want to extend a warning that the thread will be closed if I continue seeing remarks of users that just pass judgement of Mexico, and speak without even knowing the real situation of the country.

If you really care about the problems in Mexico and want to give your point of view, at least get informed otherwise there's no real point to keep these threads open.

thanks and regards.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Like I care if they attack a building. (As long as there is no one inside.)
then why bring it up in your opening statement ? so obviously you do, don't assume people who read threads are obtuse or supportive of murderers..

Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
then why bring it up in your opening statement ? so obviously you do, don't assume people who read threads are obtuse or supportive of murderers..
I apologize. I do have the point of view that if someone works for the embassy or consulate, then they are a part of that consulate and that attacking them is the same as attacking the physical address of the consulate. I don't know why I viewed the situation like this, I understand that literally they did not attack the consulate building. I guess it is my Army training or something, my mental state. I still feel that they attacked the consulate, I can understand if you dont. No I do not think you are supportive of these murderers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.