Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,282,209 times

Advertisements

The people of that consulate are what is important.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:16 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,047,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
I apologize. I do have the point of view that if someone works for the embassy or consulate, then they are a part of that consulate and that attacking them is the same as attacking the physical address of the consulate. I don't know why I viewed the situation like this, I understand that literally they did not attack the consulate building. I guess it is my Army training or something, my mental state. I still feel that they attacked the consulate, I can understand if you dont. No I do not think you are supportive of these murderers.
Thank you. Frankly it does not seem to make sense to keep these consulates in the danger zones open. Keep a skeletal staff. Have marines guard staff. And require consular workers to live in US territory. Carpool with security going to/from work. Otherwise close them entirely. It is not uncommon for the US to close down diplomatic offices for periods of time; given the seeming lack of security in the border regions; seems a no brainer.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:22 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,964,502 times
Thread is getting a little rediculous with all the bantering...needs to be CLOSED.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Thread is getting a little rediculous with all the bantering...needs to be CLOSED.
That is your opinion. Why suggest closing it? Should'nt people lose interest if it needs to be closed. Who is deciding what needs to be opened or closed? Who is deciding if what I have to say, and what I can learn from others is banter. Get your dictator fix somewhere else.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Thank you. Frankly it does not seem to make sense to keep these consulates in the danger zones open. Keep a skeletal staff. Have marines guard staff. And require consular workers to live in US territory. Carpool with security going to/from work. Otherwise close them entirely. It is not uncommon for the US to close down diplomatic offices for periods of time; given the seeming lack of security in the border regions; seems a no brainer.
Your welcome, I do get emotional. I hate that these people terrorize without repurcussions. I need to patient I know, but growing up in the region, and listening to these horrible stories of these Narco and priveleged citizens of Mexico getting away with injustice to others..... I am sick and tired of it. I just wish I could do more. When I was in college, the Narco's killed a fellow classmate BECAUSE HE HIT ON A NARCO'S GIRLFRIEND. There are many, many stories like this, and it has been happening for a very long time...... I did not know him personally, I remember seeing him. He was a decent guy... it happened in 1998.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,047,960 times
Quote:
Your welcome, I do get emotional. I hate that these people terrorize without repurcussions. I need to patient I know, but growing up in the region, and listening to these horrible stories of these Narco and priveleged citizens of Mexico getting away with injustice to others..... I am sick and tired of it. I just wish I could do more. When I was in college, the Narco's killed a fellow classmate BECAUSE HE HIT ON A NARCO'S GIRLFRIEND. There are many, many stories like this, and it has been happening for a very long time...... I did not know him personally, I remember seeing him. He was a decent guy... it happened in 1998.
Since consulates are only outposts and if there is a credible safety concern affecting staffers, I do not see why they remain open. I haven't read of the State department is reviewing the situation and what measures they are taking to ensure security. Its not just Baghdad where diplomatic personnel need protection.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:08 AM

6,386 posts, read 11,914,885 times
Quote:
We all make assumptions. I don't know if you are aware of the murders in Mexico. Lots of women, men and children. It has been happening for years in Juarez, since the early 90's. I guess I am tired of seeing murder and mayhem so close to me. I wish I was far away. I was in the Army in the 90's, I would not have minded going into Mexico and taking care of this horrible problem. The couple was killed in cold blood, and they deserve justice. They are not alone this year. The death toll is over 400 since the beginning of the year. A couple of months ago those cowards went into a high school party and killed 14 teenagers. They would kill anyone. So yea I am a little dramatic, and I gladly put the shoes on. Sometimes Drama is reality.
How would sending the US Army do any good? We can't root out drugs, corruption, and crime families in the US, how would we do it in a foreign country?

Old 03-17-2010, 12:13 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,563,006 times
ditto the embassy was not attacked. personnel were attacked on the street, big difference.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,448,984 times
Enough, thread closed nothing positive coming out of here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico