Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:13 PM

810 posts, read 1,579,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
Absolutely nothing...but when you start using those 'socially inferior' people as a reason of why the dating scene here is so bad, it makes you wonder. Just sayin.
hmm I never used the term inferior.
I said physical defects and disabilities

In the real world, not the in the Oprah or movies world, the majority of the population doesn't have these disabilities or defects and like to date people who are similar to them. Those with disabilities date among themselves. My problem is that these people are misleading others, hiding the truth, and the potential partner doesn't find out until they meet them in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 02:43 PM

250 posts, read 696,651 times
Well here goes... Miami is fake and superficial on many levels. The women for the most part are gold diggers and want guys 6 foot or taller (which someone mentioned). Since I try online dating to eliminate these types I see it in many profiles "6 foot to 6 foot 7 inchs tall because I like to wear heels" and for income they request "someone who makes $100,000 plus". What women dont realize is it starts to make men resentful from the start and makes men recognize that these women are not the type they want long term. Sure there are a lot of beautiful women here. But on the inside there are some serious abominations and will check your bank account and height at the door. Men for the most part get stupid and try to live up to this by "leasing" expensive cars while they live with mom or in a small apartment to keep the hustle going, so on the outside it looks like they have money. Hes buying bottles and a flashy car but he is broke. This game leads him to hit it and quit it. Then on to the next one. If women were more realistic and didnt get caught up in the Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, ect... wannabe lifestyle maybe it could be different. Currently all they see is glitz, gamour, and to be seen at the hottest new spot this month that cost $30.00 to get in and $10.00 a drink (or more). While single guys have a hard time getting in unless they pay the bouncer ladies get in free. The stupid lines out front to make it look like the spot is happening and there is hardly 100 people inside. And lets not even talk about the drugs.

My advice is what women wont do... Dont wait for Mr. Smooth to come along. Be proactive. The next time you are shopping or out for a bite size a guy up for all the qualities you like. Pick one of them and mention it to him and give him your number. I know some of you ladies need to be picked up off the floor right now but this is whats wrong. Ladies need to start picking guys out of the crowd and it works with as little as saying hello to a guy. There are way too many players in this town and the good guys get burnt. In closing Miami good guys get crushed and good girls get played. Stay out of this months hot spot or dont look for Mr. Right there because its going to be tough.

Miami tends to be a fling town because of these reasons. Good luck...

Sorry about the rant but many men feel the same way I do unless they are players or do meet that criteria. I'm moving to Colorado next year : )

Old 10-29-2010, 11:08 AM

221 posts, read 453,283 times
hmontaq is right, the way he described the dating scene down here is very accurate. I would know, I've been living here all my life and luckily have not been suckered into the "player" lifestyle. I however, can observe the whole fling town claim objectively, and it's absolutely true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami