Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:05 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
It depends where you live.

When people talk about Homestead they usually refer to East Homestead or the older homes on West Homestead. The agricultural and farming areas are usually called the Redland area

I like the Redland area but it's kind too dark and lonely at night. I would prefer to live in the farm houses closer to Country Walk than Homestead. It would be closer to Miami and the stores around there are more pleasant
You have a right to your opinion and fears of darkness. Personally I don't want to live in the middle of a crowded community. I have lived down here since 1978. I know where the Redland is and where Homestead is. Many people do confuse Homestead with the Redland. Homestead begins just south of SW 296th Street (Avocado Drive).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,059,252 times
But to be fair to the previous poster I have seen the 264 st area classified as unincorporated Homestead. I don't recall where but I've seen it. I was just referring to what most people refer to when they say Homestead.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:31 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
It depends where you live.

When people talk about Homestead they usually refer to East Homestead or the older homes on West Homestead. The agricultural and farming areas are usually called the Redland area

I like the Redland area but it's kind too dark and lonely at night. I would prefer to live in the farm houses closer to Country Walk than Homestead. It would be closer to Miami and the stores around there are more pleasant
i love love LOVE the redland area. give me dark. i want to see the stars. just want to kick back in a hammock and relax in a garden of my own creation and pretend the rest of the world doesnt exist. that is my paradise.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:05 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,491,246 times
Homestead was good back in 2002-2003. Now it looks too developed .

I miss those good times.

Last edited by doggiebus; 05-09-2011 at 03:04 PM..

Old 05-09-2011, 02:37 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Homestead was good back in 2002-2003. Now it looks too developed .

I miss those good times.
It was even better before 1992, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by doggiebus; 05-09-2011 at 03:05 PM..

Old 05-09-2011, 02:43 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times
for all the talk i hear about old homestead being so wonderful where are the damn pictures? was it more lush back then? i have seen no pictures to backup any of this. was there a coral gables tree canopy? what did it look like?? all i see are hurricane aftermath pictures which tell me NOTHING

Old 05-09-2011, 02:53 PM

There was not a huge canopy in Homestead before Andrew. Of course there were a lot of trees that got whacked by the storm, but I remember driving through what is now my neighborhood and seeing some homes with no trees in the yard prior to Andrew. Unfortunately, Homestead has always planted royal palms along major streets - always - they just don't have the canopy like dicot trees!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:07 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
Link to Homesteads boundaries. http://www.zipmap.net/Florida/Miami-.../Homestead.htm People in the Redlands do consider themselves as living in Homestead even though they may not actually live in the boundaries or even with in blocks of Homestead.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:15 AM

250 posts, read 696,304 times
I lived in Homestead for a year (Mandarin Lakes development) and working overseas now. Formally at the Air Base. Its got its bad patches just like Miami does. Apples to Oranges really but I plan to buy a home down there. Even homes with over a half acre! Its not for everybody but Miami is not for everybody either. As long as people keep talking it down I can get a cheaper house. I love being close to the Keys and 2 marinas. The speedway. Crackerbarrel. Various Publix. Decent Mexican food. The Everglades. Marshalls. Big Lots. IHOP. Ect... And a lot less people. Just like Miami you have to pick your spots and give it a good look with an open mind.

Ive lived in Pembroke Pines and a condo in Downtown Miami.

I like Homestead...

I sure miss getting on my motorcycle watching the sunrise over the water. Crackerbarrel for breakfast and down to the Keys for the day.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmontaq View Post
I lived in Homestead for a year (Mandarin Lakes development) and working overseas now. Formally at the Air Base. Its got its bad patches just like Miami does. Apples to Oranges really but I plan to buy a home down there. Even homes with over a half acre! Its not for everybody but Miami is not for everybody either. As long as people keep talking it down I can get a cheaper house. I love being close to the Keys and 2 marinas. The speedway. Crackerbarrel. Various Publix. Decent Mexican food. The Everglades. Marshalls. Big Lots. IHOP. Ect... And a lot less people. Just like Miami you have to pick your spots and give it a good look with an open mind.

Ive lived in Pembroke Pines and a condo in Downtown Miami.

I like Homestead...

I sure miss getting on my motorcycle watching the sunrise over the water. Crackerbarrel for breakfast and down to the Keys for the day.
I am sitting in my Homestead house, eating Crackerbarrel meatloaf, green beans, macaroni & cheese, and blackberry cobbler with ice cream The only time I go up to Miami is to go to the airport. Why, there is even a new performing arts center near the south Dade Regional Library behind Cutler Ridge Mall. I love visiting the Everglades, Biscayne National Park and the Florida Keys - all just a few minute's drive from my house.....this area is GREAT!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami