Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 08:54 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
social skills dont matter. most people dont want anything to do with you. people mostly stay to themselves. i meet people from all over the country who say they've been here x years and still have no friends.

contract labor is wholly unreliable as are many city services. expect to become a huge DIY'er in every aspect of your life because you are basically on your own since affordable quality labor is a rare thing to find.

in the workplace. prepare for very unethical coworkers with criminalistic tendancies, prepare for work to be taken away from your slacker coworkers and given to you. thats just how it is. find your niche. you will be promoted after you are given everyone else's work.

This is so true. I like it down here, I'm just lucky that I'm working for myself and don't have to deal with the "unethical co-workers" that I used to deal with.

Also, I have been here 4.5 years from New England and the two friends I had made down here moved away after graduation from college

I'm pretty much am a loner except for the random guys who befriend me and then try to bone me and then get mad at me for not boning them, and then its back to no friends.

I would have more friends by now if I was down with smoking weed while driving or popping x on the weekends. I have actually lost friends for being too "uptight" about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 PM

83 posts, read 216,893 times
BAHAHAHAHAHA ok. Miami "sucks" to some ppl i guess. Sooo here's an idea: GTFO! yay! see now everyone will be more happy! We won't have to hear you be all "this city sucks waaah" anymore and you won't have to put up with the bazillion reasons you hate this city!

Enjoy Iowa....or ohio or whatever forgettable nowhere you're all moving to!
(disclaimer: sorry to folks living in Iowa or Ohio but......yeah).

Old 02-16-2011, 10:10 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkindravens View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHA ok. Miami "sucks" to some ppl i guess. Sooo here's an idea: GTFO! yay! see now everyone will be more happy! We won't have to hear you be all "this city sucks waaah" anymore and you won't have to put up with the bazillion reasons you hate this city!

Enjoy Iowa....or ohio or whatever forgettable nowhere you're all moving to!
(disclaimer: sorry to folks living in Iowa or Ohio but......yeah).
Dude, there are many reasons some of us are forced to stay here in sunny Florida.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:11 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I went to school in Miami , fly almost every other week out of MIA , and I live less than fourty miles away ... yes I "quit" the Miami Forum ... so I lied . I tell you what when you stop posting I will too ... how is that ?
you lied to us

Old 02-16-2011, 10:31 PM

33 posts, read 71,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
This is so true. I like it down here, I'm just lucky that I'm working for myself and don't have to deal with the "unethical co-workers" that I used to deal with.

Also, I have been here 4.5 years from New England and the two friends I had made down here moved away after graduation from college

I'm pretty much am a loner except for the random guys who befriend me and then try to bone me and then get mad at me for not boning them, and then its back to no friends.

I would have more friends by now if I was down with smoking weed while driving or popping x on the weekends. I have actually lost friends for being too "uptight" about this.
I completely agree. I have been here for all my schooling and the few friends I made I lost in contact with or moved away after college. I never understood the culture here--ever.

This place is all I know and although what everyone says about this place is true, I can't help but defend this place when something bashes it. I always felt people who hates on Miami were somehow better than the people living here. Like if they were looking down on us.

Anyways, I too hope to move away and experience something new someday. In the meanwhile I'll be spinning my wheels here.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:45 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
acampo:
"I always felt people who hates on Miami were somehow better than the people living here. Like if they were looking down on us."

not even. discussing problems does not equal bashing.

"In the meanwhile I'll be spinning my wheels here."

hardly. at least you have the opportunity of buying a house here or getting promoted by working your ass off. in cities too densely populated the opportunities dry up because there is always someone more qualified, wealthier or harder working than you.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:02 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I went to school in Miami , fly almost every other week out of MIA , and I live less than fourty miles away ... yes I "quit" the Miami Forum ... so I lied . I tell you what when you stop posting I will too ... how is that ?
Don't quit...I like your participation. You add a nice positive vibe to an otherwise very depressing forum. Please stay a while.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,108,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
I haven't restorted to calling people names or labeling them...yet, you have...who is the cyber bully in this forum? Too bad there isn't a moderator here to keep these posts presentable to children who may be using this forum to conduct research for a school assignment. What a poor reflection on city-data.
-----

You're right, and they are the first calling other people "rude".

Old 02-17-2011, 10:23 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,108,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acampo View Post
I completely agree. I have been here for all my schooling and the few friends I made I lost in contact with or moved away after college. I never understood the culture here--ever.

This place is all I know and although what everyone says about this place is true, I can't help but defend this place when something bashes it. I always felt people who hates on Miami were somehow better than the people living here. Like if they were looking down on us.

Anyways, I too hope to move away and experience something new someday. In the meanwhile I'll be spinning my wheels here.

Campo

Crackpots are funnier and tend to be better people. No, they don't hate Miami, they are reactive to their surroundings. They don't adapt, they are so self-righteous that they want their surrounding to adapt to them. Neanderthals had the same problem.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
-----

You're right, and they are the first calling other people "rude".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami