Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:49 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post

I must spread rep around before I can rep you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 01:03 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
I love this second most beautiful miserable city,a great city to visit,but living here could be if you are not financially sound.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I took a year off from the forums in 2010 while I built a new home and moved. Now I live where I do not have to see my neighbors home but do deal with them on a regular basis. My parents still live in Miami but I am working on getting them in the home on the other side of the woods here. Once they move out I have the perfect African-American family to rent their home to. No longer do I have to worry about traffic on a daily basis, and I feel like I am living in 1970's Homestead. We have whites, blacks and Latins but the attitude is not the Mi-am -ME way. In fact I brought along a friend from Kendall who closed his local business and went totally online. Profits have soared and he works from a home office in a seperate 1000 square foot building with no commute. His workers moved as well. I do not miss Miami or the keys one bit. It is hotter here in the summer, but I spend less on air conditioning. With acres of space I no longer have to worry about a crowded yard or petty neighbor hassles.
Hey Tallrick, welcome back. Where did you move? Redlands? I can't think of anywhere else in Dade county that could still seem like the 1970's.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 PM

427 posts, read 1,093,050 times
I'm spending my spring break on Los Angeles too, I already have my tickets. It's only a 4.75 hour flight from Tampa to LA (non-stop). It would take me almost that long to drive to Miami. I'll find a cheap motel in Hollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Is it Aviation Blvd or Drive ... I cannot recall ?

Yes Northrop Gruman has a large facility there ... the area reminds me a little of Hollywood ( Fla ) ... still much nicer than Hialeah ... I love So Cal can but I can see where it can wear on you ... yes traffic on the 405 is brutal .. as well it is in disrepair and the trash strewn alongside the road is sad .. worse than I-95 on a bad day .. still the people make up for it as well as the cultural offerings are superior to So Fla . I will be spending spring break week with my wife an daughters there in a few weeks .. we will stay in Torrance .. hang around Santa Monica and West Hollywood and see friends in Irvine .. then shoot down to San Diego for a couple of days . Again I love So Cal ... but you are correct it is unaffordable !!!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:36 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
My wife and I just spent a week in Miami Beach and loved it. We could easily see ourselves there for 6 months and somewhere else thats cooler in the summer. It was beautiful.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:21 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times
tetto: youre right in the middle of tourist season. totally different clientele during the summer.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,368,615 times
Why this hatred about this wonderful city ?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:00 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,265,482 times
don't fake happiness
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/he...r=2&ref=health

Old 02-22-2011, 10:55 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,106,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
If adapting means knocking off 20 IQ points, dropping out of college, leasing a flashy car, driving drunk, and getting pointless plastic surgery, I'll pass. Its called being evolved enough to have your own identity.
----

I guess you're hanging with the wrong kind of people. I know lots of people in that city and they are professionals, they don't drink and none of them have gone though plastic surgery. If you hang with that crowd, it means that you have some affinity with them.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 AM

81 posts, read 170,548 times
Great article cixcell. Precisely the reason why I will soon be an ex-Miami resident. People have to 'fake' smile here because they are so miserable and all the miserable people around them bring them down further. I didn't believe that a place could be this miserable until I moved out here for a job. I can't wait until my condo lease is over so I can move far away from Miami and the rudest people I have ever met. I have traveled extensively and lived in Europe and South America and never felt like an 'illegal immigrant' like I do in Miami. The Cubans are the most UNwelcoming hispanics I have ever met. And I am hispanic myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami