Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 AM

261 posts, read 397,643 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how cheap flights are to the Caribbean and other City destinations flying out from Miami? where are the best deals? any good websites to recommend?

Also if you are English and live in Miami can you now fly to Cuba? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 09:13 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,330,113 times
Flights from Cuba are reserved only for family members and people allowed to go to Cuba. Even if you're not American you'll have to go out of the US and then to Cuba.

Cheap flights to the Caribbean are usually found more through Ft. Lauderdale compared to Miami. It has more low cost carriers and also has lower landing fees, I think, which is another reason why fares in and out of FLL are cheaper than MIA.

The cost of the actual flights will depend on what dates you choose.

Check Spirit Air for low fares as well as AirTran, Southwest and JetBlue. Note with Spirit you will be nickel and dimed for EVERYTHING, but the rates can be VERY low if you don't give in to the "extras." I talked with a couple from PA that came down to FLL and they paid $80ish each, round trip I told them I wished I could find a deal like that! I do know Spirit runs a cheap non-stop flight to Atlantic City, $30 something dollars each way, I think it's around $50 with tax, each way, which is ultra cheap.

Have fun!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,410,358 times
I concur with that as well. Everything's cheaper in Ft Lauderdale. Spirit Airlines serves all of the Caribbean region and the Bahamas and Fort Lauderdale is the hub. Everything radiates out from there. I flew from Lax to FLL round trip for what ended up being about 147.00 us. That was in October, on the 19th. Their rates are awesome! Also I was able to do this with a straight through "red eye" flight with no stop overs. 4 1/2 hrs total fly time.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:10 AM

thanks, for the info!!! how far is the drive to F Lauderdale from Miami?

Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,112,000 times
Sarah

You can fly to Cuba, but making stops in Cancun, Nassau or Dominica. Cancun seems to be the cheapest. I flew once though Nassau, but not advisable.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,191,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHSELLAR View Post
It depends on where in Miami you start from, and whether it's rush hour, but about 30 to 60 mins during non-rush hour.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:05 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,387,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
Sarah

You can fly to Cuba, but making stops in Cancun, Nassau or Dominica. Cancun seems to be the cheapest. I flew once though Nassau, but not advisable.
I'd recommend she double-check this with her proper embassy. The problem isn't so much getting to Cuba as it is raising an eyebrow when coming back through US Customs.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:45 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,482,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHSELLAR View Post
Taking A1A is a stupendously beautiful drive, very nice, but not the way to if in a hurry. And yes, like PP said, depend where in Miami you are. North side 30 minutes. South side, 60. Dade County is big enough and congested enough that 10 miles can make a big difference.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:32 AM

thanks, I have saved all your website suggestions, and i am delighted to see that i can fly for as little as 50 dollars from f lauderdaleto new your for example!!! happy days..... love to travel and see as much as possible, what are the cheapest destinations that you recommend from either Miami or F L?

Old 04-02-2011, 03:30 AM

911 posts, read 1,714,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Taking A1A is a stupendously beautiful drive, very nice, but not the way to if in a hurry.
It depends on what you value, but if you're feelin' lucky, FLL is less than 15 minutes from North Miami. Once you pass Hollyweird, your survival rate goes up substantially.

Florida's stretch of I-95 is deadliest U.S. road, federal figures indicate - Sun Sentinel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami