Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 03:06 PM

23 posts, read 20,407 times

Advertisements

When I was living in SoFlo (2015-2016), I found a decent Filipino community in Kendall. I used to go to Good Shepherd Catholic church and they would have Filipino Mass Sunday evenings and afterwards they all gathered and had a potluck dinner together in the building next to the church. There is also a Filipino restaurant, Lutong Pinoy Filipino Cuisine in North Miami Beach: 17048 W Dixie Hwy, North Miami Beach, FL 33160. It's a sit down spot with a decent amount of food. They have a second location in Pembroke Pines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 03:26 AM

397 posts, read 319,588 times
Filipinos seem to be one of the biggest East Asian groups along with Thais and Chinese. Although Thais seem to be more visible because they have more restaurants, along with the Chinese. The Thai restaurants seem to be more upscale, though. They tend to serve Thai food as well as sushi and usually have "Thai sushi" in their title. The Asian population is pretty tiny compared to the white, black and Latino populations, though.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
local Filipino here i can tour u around
Still doing tours Ace? Can I join?

Old 11-05-2019, 12:40 AM

27 posts, read 21,566 times
Yeah, the Hispanics aren't racist, they just like blackface for some reason

/sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc9812 View Post
There are no Asians in Miami because they are too smart to move to a slum swamp with no jobs for smart people. Asians go to NY and CA where there are jobs for intelligent people and better educational options. Additionally, Asian cultures are too proper and polite to deal with the Miami BS. Criminal driving behavior, rude people everywhere, no customer service, no respect for your fellow man, high crime and corruption. Lastly, there is so much racism against anyone who is not Cuban, by the ignorant Cuban majority (and I don't mean that as a compliment) that it would be like what the Chinese went through over 100 years ago in California. Who wants to deal with that in 2011? There is absolutely nothing attractive about Miami to an Asian person. You wanna live somewhere where you will hardly ever see people who resemble you, you will encounter racism on a daily basis and you won't find a job because you don't speak Spanish and are too overqualified? Really, why would they move to Miami?
There's a lot of truth in this post.

Last edited by KingofWisdom; 11-05-2019 at 12:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami