Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:04 PM

60 posts, read 94,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post

its not illigal or unsafe...just cheaper...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oana2011 View Post
Thanks...I think will find a job for more than that...plus I already have an offer to manage some dental boots in malls..and g 5% of the profit...
wanted to say 50%

Old 06-17-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
I don't agree...I think she's going to do fine. Really.

Thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 01:08 PM

[quote=Kinetic_A;19634131]I approve of this comment. Energy Vampires are the worst. [/quote

arent they???

Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
lots of energy vampires here. i have to work with some. the type who enjoy making everyone around them feel bad to make themselves feel better. who will pick and pick at your personality till they find a flaw to exploit.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
Jobless Rate Rises in Miami-Dade

The unemployment rate in the state of Florida dropped for the fifth straight month, but in Miami-Dade, things seem to be getting worse.

Miami-Dade's jobless rate rose in May to 13.7 percent, a hefty jump from the 13.2 rate in April, the Agency for Workforce Innovation reported Friday.

Jobless Rate Rises in Miami-Dade - Local News - Miami, FL - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43440903 - broken link)
That may be so...but I tell u something, a lot of people, prefer to stay on unemployment than getting a job that doesnt pay that much... alot of people dont even have a High School Diploma...and its hard to find a decent paying job....
a lot of others work for cash...to dont pay taxes...
other people are just lazy, and the unemployment pays there rent...
some people dont know where to look for a job

Based on craigslist there are still a lot of jobs post everyday...
plus every hotel, big company has a few jobs posted on there sites....
it just take a few min to apply...

Old 06-17-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
lots of energy vampires here. i have to work with some. the type who enjoy making everyone around them feel bad to make themselves feel better. who will pick and pick at your personality till they find a flaw to exploit.
Im done dealing with them...I press the ignore button and dont speak with them unless is absolutly necessary....I do not need them around me, or around my desk...

its funny when u guys say vampire, I am from Transilvania...hahaha

Old 06-19-2011, 10:55 AM

609 posts, read 1,139,585 times
Quote:
I have a friend like that. She is cool one on one, but when there are others around, she tries to make me and some others look inferior.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:20 AM

84 posts, read 171,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oana2011 View Post
That may be so...but I tell u something, a lot of people, prefer to stay on unemployment than getting a job that doesnt pay that much... alot of people dont even have a High School Diploma...and its hard to find a decent paying job....
a lot of others work for cash...to dont pay taxes...
other people are just lazy, and the unemployment pays there rent...
some people dont know where to look for a job

Based on craigslist there are still a lot of jobs post everyday...
plus every hotel, big company has a few jobs posted on there sites....
it just take a few min to apply...
I'm certain you can find a job in Miami. Jobs do exist, it's just a matter of how much you want to live in a given place.

I'd certainly find a job and get an offer before moving. Having a job in hand gives you a significant advantage when negotiating salaries. I imagine salaries are lower in Miami vs. L.A. due to cost of living and competition.

I'd also be sure to check out Monster.com and other job listing websites.

Accounting Jobs in Miami, FL - Job Search Beta

Entry level accountant in Miami, Fl make around 42k/yr. in LA the average is around 48k/yr. That represents a potential 12% haircut.

http://swz.salary.com/SalaryWizard/A...-Miami-FL.aspx

Are you looking to move up in your field? If so, you should probably consider cities that offer the best experience/companies. Miami is probably not the best place to build an accounting reputation. Probably better for those who have already done so, or are more concerned with lifestyle.

Regarding the unemployment problem is more significant than you might think. Globalization has really hurt the U.S. economy because any job that could easily be shipped over seas has been shipped and with each success they look at the next level.

This has taken away a lot of good mid level paying jobs such as:

+ Call centers
+ Data Entry
+ Troubleshooting
+ Software development

It's hard to find decent paying jobs that require mid level capabilities, I'm calling mid level jobs those that are entry level white collar jobs.

The other thing to note is the Miami work demographic, it's mostly a service industry, not much in the way of big business.

Mike

Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Those jobs and salaries are for real accountants. Everyone of them either require a degree or prefer one, and I can tell you there is no shortage of accounting degrees down here. Messing around with some money and bookings is not accounting, I could probably throw three terms out and she would not have a clue what I mean except by google search.

There are jobs here, being a server is your best bet when first get here, or work in some tourist shop, house keeping at a hotel, or a front desk clerk. Those jobs you could get right away because unless you have a hook up already, it will take forever and a day to get anything in the field you are in now because this place just has so many exceptionally qualified people that are looking.

Those mall kiosks are nothing to brag about; high turnover because they just do not make money, and they are the subject of frequent complaints due to not either paying wages, or when they do pay it does not even equal the minimum wage rate. Most of them are just rackets, it seems every foreigner coming here on a work/tourist scenario ends up working in one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami