Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:59 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,544 times

Advertisements

South Florida's status of being the sole weird news capitol of the world is being severely threatened. But there's good news! You have an official claim on it since it involves an alligator! South Florida's weirdness jumped the fence yesterday and landed smack dab in the middle of Kansas City Missouri when police officers ENGAGED A FAKE ALLIGATOR IN GUNFIRE.

SEE HOW THESE OFFICERS DEALT WITH THE IMMINENT THREAT OF ONE OF YOUR WILY CONCRETE ALLIGATORS!!!

U.S. police shoot fake alligator | Reuters

:.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 05:03 AM

769 posts, read 1,730,999 times
Haha I love how at the end they just say, "It's too cold. We don't have alligators." That officer must have been scared sh*tless.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:48 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
As someone who used to work around alligators, I find that so hard to believe. I'm sure it happened, I just think the guy is an idiot. How can you NOT tell the difference? Seriously!

Old 06-05-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
As someone who used to work around alligators, I find that so hard to believe. I'm sure it happened, I just think the guy is an idiot. How can you NOT tell the difference? Seriously!
When you click on that link I supplied, take a closer look at the picture of that alligator eye. That's not just some random alligator. That's THE actual fake alligator. I have to say that for a fake, someone did a pretty good job with the paint and texturing and even went to the trouble to put an actual glass eye in the sculpture. Note the divot in the "skin" above the eye. that's where the bullet hit and bounced off!! LOL!!! That is one realistic alligator! ----------- Except for the fact that it doesn't move!

Old 06-05-2011, 08:23 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
No surprise that trigger-happy officers are nationwide. Who would be responsible if a bullet hit a bystander? I know someone who has a bronze gator in his front yard, and nobody has ever thought it was real!

Old 06-05-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
No surprise that trigger-happy officers are nationwide. Who would be responsible if a bullet hit a bystander? I know someone who has a bronze gator in his front yard, and nobody has ever thought it was real!
These are pictures of the actual fake alligator. Personally I think it's a much more realistic fake than a bronze gator. Notice the bullet divot at the top of his eye.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:53 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptoid Humidian View Post
When you click on that link I supplied, take a closer look at the picture of that alligator eye. That's not just some random alligator. That's THE actual fake alligator. I have to say that for a fake, someone did a pretty good job with the paint and texturing and even went to the trouble to put an actual glass eye in the sculpture. Note the divot in the "skin" above the eye. that's where the bullet hit and bounced off!! LOL!!! That is one realistic alligator! ----------- Except for the fact that it doesn't move!
That's what I mean, use some common sense. First of all, you're not going to find an alligator in that part of the country.

Second, the alligator is "floating" in the pond and NOT moving at all...hmmm, suspect. Not even a blink. Sure, they can hang around but they typically do some kind of movement, no matter how subtle, especially when people come by.

Third, all he had to do was take a good look at it. He shot once, it didn't move. So he shot again?!!?! Idiot.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:53 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Masterpiece.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMama View Post
That's what I mean, use some common sense. First of all, you're not going to find an alligator in that part of the country.

Second, the alligator is "floating" in the pond and NOT moving at all...hmmm, suspect. Not even a blink. Sure, they can hang around but they typically do some kind of movement, no matter how subtle, especially when people come by.

Third, all he had to do was take a good look at it. He shot once, it didn't move. So he shot again?!!?! Idiot.
But cops in MISSOURI wouldn't know that. Anyway I agree with you on the fact that it was a stupid rules of engagement practice. They couldn't toss a stick at it to see if it would fetch or something?

Old 06-05-2011, 09:00 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
there was an alligator in LA about a year ago. they turned it into a media celebrity. reggie the alligator. somebody dumped it. wow its ridiculous there is even a wikipedia entry on it.
Reggie (alligator) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami