Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:58 PM

55 posts, read 163,085 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone. I would like to move to Miami soon and was wondering what you all would think is a better decision. It would help me coming from the perspective of a Miamian rather than an outsider.

What would you rent in Miami?

A one-bedroom in the heart of Brickell in Downtown Miami.

A studio in Miami Beach.

A townhouse in Doral.

What would you rent? I would love to be Downtown, but in Miami, a car is a must, so a parking garage is a must. I have seen many buildings online, and a lot of them look great. A few that I can think of off the top of my head are Axis, Icon, Marinablue, Ivy and Four Seasons Residences. I love all of them, but I am unsure of what to potentially choose.

Is car vandalism/damage frequent in Miami? Can you parallel park Downtown without coming out and finding scratches all over your nice vehicle? I know this can be a problem in any city, just curious about Miami in particular.

Also, is MacArthur Causeway always going to Miami Beach a traffic nightmare? Everytime I have seen it, it seems so.

Thanks for your help, all your comments are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 06:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Which ever one is closest to work.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:26 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
I would go with the Brickell one.

Know that Marina Blue (which is a building I truly love) and the Ivy are not in Brickell, though.

With the majority of units in the CBD you'll have a parking spot in the garage of the building.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:56 AM

108 posts, read 230,687 times
Brickell, but reality , what ever is closest to work

Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
If you will be working downtown, the Brickell one.

Miami Beach studio is the best though, its so much nicer on the beach-TRUST ME

Old 07-19-2011, 10:49 AM

84 posts, read 171,668 times
Which are the best "bang" for the buck condos?
Meaning if you consider.

1: Location.
2: Condition.
3: Amenities.
4: Price.
5: Fees.

Mike

Old 07-19-2011, 06:01 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
Just those choices, and I'd have to go with Brickell. With no car: Miami Beach. Otherwise: townhouse or nice condo in northeast Dade, with second choice being Coral Way/Miracle Mile.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:16 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Brickell. You get more apartment for your money than in Miami Beach. Why rent a lousy crappy studio when you could have a full apartment? Brickell units are also much newer since most of the condos were built in the last decade. Miami Beach units are usually much older and worn. Also, commuting from Brickell to elsewhere during rush hours is easy because you are going against the grain of traffic. At night or during non-rush hour day times, South Beach is only a 5 minute drive from Brickell.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:06 AM

546 posts, read 2,147,620 times
Brickell - it's a cleaner, safer area and much newer when it comes to developments. In South Beach you're gonna get stuck in an older building with partiers trashing your neighborhood and higher crime. Doral is just a boring, poorly planned city of warehouses, strip malls and horrendous traffic. And you have to be able to speak Spanish in Doral.

I've never had my car vandalized in Miami, but if you reside in Brickell, you will get a spot in your garage and those are pretty safe. Traffic to the beach is hit and miss on the Mcarthur. There really is not predictabilty to it.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:42 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
Give yourself at least 15 minutes from Brickell to South Beach, since you have to get out of the garage and go through several lights to get the expressway, and then you also have to navigate around the beach to get where you actually want to be. 5 minutes would be from where the Causeway crosses Biscayne to 5th and Alton, and that's only if you're really speeding and there is absolutely no traffic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami