Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:33 PM

87 posts, read 136,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
I'm from LA, your traffic doesnt scare me. its adorable.

I don't think traffic is really the issue...it's the inconsiderate and uncourteous people driving that is..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 06:49 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCtoWPB View Post
I don't think traffic is really the issue...it's the inconsiderate and uncourteous people driving that is..
Ding, Ding, Ding. Traffic in Miami isn't all that bad compared to other places, it is the drivers that are the issue.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:08 AM

72 posts, read 105,266 times
I just got back from spending a few days in Boston. You want to talk about ******* drivers, look no further. There were 3 wrecks on their stretch of I-95 this morning, which almost caused me to miss my flight. Granted, drivers there don't give you the feeling that they're going to kill you, but they are a tad more aggressive than Miami drivers, only they actually know how to drive (for the most part). They are much quicker to beep you if you don't turn on red in a flash, or if they're behind you and don't feel like having the patience to wait. Plus, the roads in MA are a ****ing nightmare...windy, narrow, full of potholes and many don't even have painted lines!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:16 AM

163 posts, read 316,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRESS1 View Post
I just got back from spending a few days in Boston. You want to talk about ******* drivers, look no further. There were 3 wrecks on their stretch of I-95 this morning, which almost caused me to miss my flight. Granted, drivers there don't give you the feeling that they're going to kill you, but they are a tad more aggressive than Miami drivers, only they actually know how to drive (for the most part). They are much quicker to beep you if you don't turn on red in a flash, or if they're behind you and don't feel like having the patience to wait. Plus, the roads in MA are a ****ing nightmare...windy, narrow, full of potholes and many don't even have painted lines!
This is what blows my mind about miami....for the most part the roads are straight and flat. No tight roads to worry about clipping mirrors, no ice, no snow, no steep hills...and so on. I don't get it...

Old 08-25-2011, 12:46 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
IT's not the traffic or the drivers, it's the lack of streets and reliable urban planning.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:43 AM

163 posts, read 316,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
IT's not the traffic or the drivers, it's the lack of streets and reliable urban planning.
wut?

Old 08-25-2011, 11:12 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,320,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Are you high? Dade is one big slab of concrete.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,824 times
Apparently in Miami the right lane is for parking

Old 08-28-2011, 10:28 AM

292 posts, read 956,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amIayankee? View Post
This is a public service announcement. The left lane is for passing or general speeding.

Please adhere to this unwritten rule.

Especially on the Palmetto during rush hour. I am the black chevy aveo passing people on the right because the chonga or similar character (not gender discriminate) does not check their rear view mirror. Thanks people!

The problem is, in every other place on Earth, even the Northern part of Florida, this IS a written rule.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:15 AM

225 posts, read 447,463 times
I have lived in Africa, Europe and the Americas and this is a problem IN AMERICA ONLY.

And yes, it's a universal law.

Now, the reason this is a problem in America is:

Anyone can do to the DMV, pass the test and get their license a few months later. In the rest of the world (for the most part), you are REQUIRED to go to DRIVING school, not just sit in front of a computer and answer questions about signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami