Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 AM

609 posts, read 1,139,179 times

Advertisements

Miami Auto Enthusiasts (Miami, FL) - Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Miami-Auto-Enthusiasts/ - broken link)

And so far only one person has shown up. How can I find more like minded people? Or just people in general? I need assistance. Shelling out 19 dollars a month for just one person to come is kind of pointless.

The venue on Monday nights itself is pretty packed and very busy, but most people there already have their set groups and don't seem to mingle with others.

I have ideas to make it more interesting and probably ending up with me meeting more people than I can shake a stick at, but I need people to help me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,192,944 times
DANG, that sucks. 19 dollars for just one guy..... From my experience people won't come to you unless you offer some kind of service. I'm meeting with Christians now and it's all good. My one and only friend introduced me to them and now I'm going to their temple every Friday night. They even accept me as a non-believer and they are cool with that. I'm not trying to preach here, I'm just saying that it's easier to join a group than to create a group of your own.

Yes, christianity is not my scene, I was all skeptical about it at first. I would say things like "It has come down to this" or "beggars can't be choosers"... but now I feel like I'm part of a circle of friends.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:52 AM

You should join my 'cult' since you are in the area....lol.

But yeah, it does suck. Invite me to your circle? I'm a non believer as well, so I understand what you mean.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:28 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,192,944 times
like, it's not my circle... I'm pretty much "the new guy", but they meet every Friday at Our Lady Of Lourdes... 8pm

Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,833,314 times
I notice a number of performance models have their clubs and there are multi-make dedicated ones as well. Mini-Cooper, Mustang, Corvette for the former and street racing clubs for latter as an example.

Recommend finding and registering in the local Miami section of dedicated car forums and advertise your meets. Word of mouth follows from there. If it is the younger crowd,18-30, then having as many different makes as possible is a positive as the inevitable one upping drives conversation and debate.

Last edited by Felix C; 04-24-2012 at 11:42 AM..

Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 AM

I have searched high and low for Miami car groups, but most are catered to just single models/makes. I have tried looking in the forums, but they are pretty much the same as the meetup groups I had come across.

If you have links, I will check them out.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM

Yep. That is what I meant. The single model forums have regional subforums. I noticed folks are in for a meet. Especially if the competition is there.

I am only a domestic V8 type of person. Here are the places I know:
ls1gto.com
ls1tech.com
Modularfords.com
themustangsource.com I usual find it by google search brad barnett mustang
challengertalk.com
chargerforums.com

There is an aveo forum, taurus forum, DJM?(whatever acronym is for Japanese engines), mini-cooper (they meet at the Hooters on 87 & 12street)

There are also unconventional ways to find members. There is autogeek.com which is a vehicle detailing forum. Perhaps locals may be there.

You know about Tower Shops in Davie adjacent to Nova U? Perhaps go and spread via word of mouth. I know deep south Miami folk do not always go there due to the drive.

If there is a local eatery involved they might wish to offer discounts to folks from the meet.

Having a group event such as a meet up at the track(dragstrip is cheapest at $25) is a positive.

Nice Boxer in your profile. Reminds me of our Buster. He recently passed. He was almost 15 years!

Last edited by Felix C; 04-24-2012 at 12:29 PM..

Old 04-24-2012, 12:11 PM

Thanks, I will definitely check those out along with Tower Shops, I honestly have no clue where that is.

The one person that came know some guys that own food trucks, maybe that will help.

I don't know much about Miami still...so I'm trying this route to see if I can get out and meet more people.

Sadly the dog isn't mine, but I love her to death. She's and American bulldog and I have known her for 10 years! I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:23 PM

Towers Shop is the shopping plaza just north of Nova University (our 27avenue which becomes University Drive upon entering Broward County) and immediately south of I-595. About 300-500 cars every Friday evening attend. All types and ages and very legal. Begins at about 5-6pm to dusk or so.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Towers Shop is the shopping plaza just north of Nova University (our 27avenue which becomes University Drive upon entering Broward County) and immediately south of I-595. About 300-500 cars every Friday evening attend. All types and ages and very legal. Begins at about 5-6pm to dusk or so.
Oh, so not the Sunoco....I went there once, too far of a drive for me.

I will have to check that out.

Last edited by Kinetic_A; 04-24-2012 at 01:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami