Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times

Advertisements

Well, at least we don't find an Obama Fried Chicken in Miami.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Just ignore him. He's a sad individual who has been ranting about Miami on this board for six years. And even though he moved out of Miami in 2009, he is still so obsessed with the city that he has to continually troll this board to post negative comments whenever possible.
And you don't live in Miami, yet you feel the need to police other people's posts, in other cities' forums, keeping track of other posters' wherabouts and make self-serving judgement calls on them? Sounds like you are the sad and obsessed one looking to make negative comments whenever possible.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:52 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
What's so ghetto about these pics?
I guess it is ghetto for people who have been sheltered from living the lower income lifestyle. I agree, these pics are average people and places.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:01 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
And you don't live in Miami, yet you feel the need to police other people's posts, in other cities' forums, keeping track of other posters' wherabouts and make self-serving judgement calls on them? Sounds like you are the sad and obsessed one looking to make negative comments whenever possible.
Wrong, oh bitter one. I recently purchased a condo on Miami Beach and now split my time between here and Las Vegas. Oh, and I was born in Jackson Memorial, raised in West Miami, went to school in South Miami, attended the University of Miami, got married and moved to Kendale Lakes, and now, after a period of time out of state, reside on Collins Avenue. And if that isn't enough for you, my mother graduated from Miami High back in the 1940s and still lives here in the same house where I grew up.

Does that give me enough bona fides to post on this board? I know it sure beats the hell out of the 15 or so years you lived here starting when your mommy and daddy moved you to Westchester from Wisconsin. I guess you're still bitter about that, huh? So bitter, in fact, that three years after you moved out of Miami, you still feel the needd to come to this board and bash it whenever you can.

What a sad little life you must lead.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
Unbelievable how a funny thread showing some funny pictures of Hialeah leads to endless drama and personal attacks.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 PM

40 posts, read 35,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Unbelievable how a funny thread showing some funny pictures of Hialeah leads to endless drama and personal attacks.
The thread is not funny. Being poor is not funny, lacking education is not funny either. Count your blessings because most people are only a few paychecks away from living in Overtown or in the low income areas of Hialeah. Nothing is guaranteed in this life, for all we know you could become disabled or sick tomorrow and you might end up selling your home to cover your medical bills or property taxes. Try coming up with millions of dollars to cover medical bills. Again count your blessings.

Second, this thread would have ended the same way in other city forums. You have people who don't live in Miami like the OP and "Chelito" denying real facts. Many people in Miami don't live like those people in the pictures. That is a fact that can be easily proven by checking street view on Google maps, driving around the county or checking the income and education level on the goverment's census webpage. If someone came to your home and made false negative claims you will deny them, wouldn't you?

Chelito has not been attacked, he has been exposed. He posts like he still lives in the area when he left a long time ago. He didn't stay on topic but chose to attack those who disagreed with his negative view of Miami. When you tell people they are being dramatic, it is offensive and you should expect backlash.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:25 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
You are blowing this way out of proportion, taking it to personal and we are off topic like always. I know people that live in Hialeah that think that that blog is funny so lighten up a little.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:29 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
That's Miami for you.

Happy I left.

And for those who will undoubtedly get bent out of shape that I DARED to post here, I just happened to see this thread title when I was scrolling through topics. Thought I'd take a peek to see the predicted drama unfold.

Clearly the OP was doing this in humor but, naturally, some people in Miami just have none. The sad part is, there's a lot of those types in Miami.

Till the next time I see a thread that piques my interest as I scroll on by, ciao bellos!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:58 PM

313 posts, read 725,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
You're right- I don't find humor in making fun of people. It's sad that you do.
HELLO....That is what comedy is.....laughing at the silly antics of some people.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM

313 posts, read 725,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
There aint nothin wrong w Hialeah po folk. Look I aint goin 2 work in no hell hole fast food bs makin minimum cuz wit dat u can bearly afford 2 live in miami. The problem is that lots of us are locked out of the riches man, i aint gonna waste my life workin for the man, i prefer to get rich or die tryin, that what rich people do. education is bs dont mean s***, u waste ur money and pay for what? classes that nobody cares about, the name of the game in life is the $mula$ man and those of us who are locked out gots 2 figure out a way 2 survive wit $$$$$$. I aint ashamed of what i do 4 money... if i get racked one day w/my guts on the street at least i try, right now i make mo $$$$ most of yall so yall can kma. the rich folks only care about booz, sex, 7 drugs, we just deliver 2 them what they want, thatz business people finding the market niche, and we rake it in$$$$$$$ Reppin the O-Town & HIALEAH....Can you hear me HIALEAH???????? I gotya covered
English much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami