Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 12:28 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,767 times

Advertisements

Well, generally speaking, the areas from light green to dark green west or near the US-1 (when south of the I-95) until Cutler Bay, plus areas near the Palmetto Expy (like Miami Lakes - way west of the I-95). Those are all family-oriented, nice, safe, and very diverse (or mostly Hispanic/Latino) areas. More specific areas that I could recommend would depend a lot on the budget, and workplace (due to commute).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 03:27 PM

53 posts, read 103,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Well, generally speaking, the areas from light green to dark green west or near the US-1 (when south of the I-95) until Cutler Bay, plus areas near the Palmetto Expy (like Miami Lakes - way west of the I-95). Those are all family-oriented, nice, safe, and very diverse (or mostly Hispanic/Latino) areas. More specific areas that I could recommend would depend a lot on the budget, and workplace (due to commute).
***MOD CUT***

Online job so no commute problems. Maybe a little south preferred as it would interest me to capture the satellite signal from DirecTV Latin America, although this is not essential, but rather a plus.

It is essential to be a friendly community appropriate for a 5 year old girl who speaks Spanish and is proficient in English.

Last edited by doggiebus; 04-24-2013 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: English Only

Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo78 View Post
***MOD CUT***

Online job so no commute problems. Maybe a little south preferred as it would interest me to capture the satellite signal from DirecTV Latin America, although this is not essential, but rather a plus.

It is essential to be a friendly community appropriate for a 5 year old girl who speaks Spanish and is proficient in English.
Oh, you work online?! Cool, I work freelance on the web!

Someplace more to the south (that'd be generally areas south of the Dolphin Expy), family friendly, and diverse:

With an (or nearly) average budget: The Crossings and Devon Aire in Kendall (a friend lives in Devon Aire, never had problems, good area), Country Walk and Three Lakes farther south (those are a little more expensive), East Kendall (slightly more expensive), that area in South Miami marked in the map as solid (regular) green. Other areas, maybe just south of MDC Kendall (Sabal Chase and surroundings), Tamiami (besides the area just west of the Tpke.) and nearly all of Westwood Lakes and Olympia Heights.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:39 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo78 View Post
What do you think it's a good area inhabited by educated latinos and / or liberal white (non wasp's or similar) with an adequate balance between the English and Spanish languages. Family oriented between the colors green and blue?
Glevnar heights

Old 04-25-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Oh, you work online?! Cool, I work freelance on the web!

Someplace more to the south (that'd be generally areas south of the Dolphin Expy), family friendly, and diverse:

With an (or nearly) average budget: The Crossings and Devon Aire in Kendall (a friend lives in Devon Aire, never had problems, good area), Country Walk and Three Lakes farther south (those are a little more expensive), East Kendall (slightly more expensive), that area in South Miami marked in the map as solid (regular) green. Other areas, maybe just south of MDC Kendall (Sabal Chase and surroundings), Tamiami (besides the area just west of the Tpke.) and nearly all of Westwood Lakes and Olympia Heights.
Olympia heights is Spanish first English 2nd I think he wants an area more even keel.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:30 PM

Well, this neck of the woods (Glenvar Heights) is a great suggestion as well, but the issue is that most of the neighborhood is quite expensive...but generally near to Sunset/East Kendall boundaries and areas nearer to South Miami's north end and Coral Terrace do have (much) more reasonable prices. And we do have a good balance between Spanish and English, diverse and very family friendly. Plus it's one of the safest areas of the County by far.

Now, as I cited a slightly more expensive area, I'd recommend The Roads neighborhood as well and Coral Gables (for slightly less expensive prices look towards places near, just south of SW 8th St (Calle Ocho).

Last edited by JacobMAX; 04-25-2013 at 06:51 PM..

Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM

Both Olympia Heights and Glenvar Heights seem interesting, Glenvar has an area near the Dadeland Mall and metrorail which is very useful but looks more expensive. My firsts thoughts were Doral, but that area is very expensive for a budget lets say... 600(lol) / 1200.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 AM

That's a tough budget. You probably are gonna be better off in Kendall/West Kendall or Dadeland with that budget. I know that Bermuda Villas is at more or less 1,200 for a 2bd, also Waterside was 1,150 for a 2/1 (definitely a bit more currently) and there's Kings Creek which is gated and nicer plus 24/7 security (also in the 1,150-1,300 and + range). They're all in Dadeland and I lived in Waterside about 4-5 years ago and had a close friend at Kings Creek - no major nor minor problems - just basic but decent apt. complexes.

There's also a few at the Sabal Chase/MDC Kendall area for the same price range. Lastly there's the area around the Viscaya station in The Roads, recently I saw an ad for one in a good bldg. all renovated and well sized 2/2 for 1,300. Always check the bldgs. reputation on Google, ApartmentRatings and ApartmentReviews.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM

Actually yes I'd prefer an apartment

Old 04-27-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
That's a tough budget. You probably are gonna be better off in Kendall/West Kendall or Dadeland with that budget. I know that Bermuda Villas is at more or less 1,200 for a 2bd, also Waterside was 1,150 for a 2/1 (definitely a bit more currently) and there's Kings Creek which is gated and nicer plus 24/7 security (also in the 1,150-1,300 and + range). They're all in Dadeland and I lived in Waterside about 4-5 years ago and had a close friend at Kings Creek - no major nor minor problems - just basic but decent apt. complexes.

There's also a few at the Sabal Chase/MDC Kendall area for the same price range. Lastly there's the area around the Viscaya station in The Roads, recently I saw an ad for one in a good bldg. all renovated and well sized 2/2 for 1,300. Always check the bldgs. reputation on Google, ApartmentRatings and ApartmentReviews.
did u get to update the map to change the blue area I suggested to light green?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami