Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,192 times

Advertisements

Wow... I thought this kind of aggressive, silly driving was only seen in infamous countries like China, Korea, etc...

I remember when I drove around in Miami back in 93-94 with my learner's permit, it was quite relaxing and easy going, I guess times have changed lol..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 PM

313 posts, read 647,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaash2 View Post
I second those who say south florida have the worst drivers. I don't think I have even been to a COUNTRY with worst driving than south florida.
This is so ridiculous.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:34 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,799 times
I've been driving for 36 years and have put in well over 1,000,000 miles of driving in my life. I've driven cross country a number of times, though many different cities and have lived on both coasts. I would rate Miami drivers as probably the worst in the country. The only place I've driven in that even comes close is Houston, but even that city comes in a distant second in bad drivers. One indicator of poor driving skills that I've noticed is the number of accidents involving a vehicle hitting a house or building. Only the most clueless of drivers would not be able to avoid hitting a building. In San Diego, where I lived for 14 years and has 3 times the population of Miami, this might happen once or twice a year. Here it's almost a daily occurrence, at least weekly.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:17 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
South Florida drivers do not suck. Most of the drivers here are tourists. Miami is visited by 22 million tourists every year, that's almost 2 million per month. Most of these lunatics are tourists.

Cut me a break, whenever I see someone turn without turn signals or do other reckless stuff, they got a Florida plate

Old 11-16-2013, 06:26 AM

270 posts, read 703,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
South Florida drivers do not suck. Most of the drivers here are tourists. Miami is visited by 22 million tourists every year, that's almost 2 million per month. Most of these lunatics are tourists.
You're kidding, right? If that amount of tourists is the worst drivers, then Miami will be the city with the best drivers in the states. Most Miamians don't know how to drive legally, heck they don't even know hpw to park! Elders drive so slow and take the passing lane as a permanent lane to drive b/c they forget to use the rearview mirror. Kids drive like **** while texting on their phones and call their parents when accidents happened.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:11 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Can I rate them a zero? 1 seems a bit too high.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:29 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,939,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Cut me a break, whenever I see someone turn without turn signals or do other reckless stuff, they got a Florida plate
Tourists who rent cars generally get cars with Florida plates...

Unless you're talking about central Miami, I don't really see much difference between Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach. Just today there was an accident in Broward with 4 lanes blocked. I'd have to say most of the "epic" accidents I hear of, which shut down basically the entire highway, have been in Broward, though congestion and minor rear-end accidents are definitely greater in Dade.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:15 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Miami is the land of the rubberneckers! Holding up traffic just to stare at an accident on the road. I don't get it. What can you POSSIBLY expect to see that you've never seen before?

Another thing that pisses me off: people hauling a** on US1 southbound in the middle of the night on a weekend night. If it's 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning, and you're headed home after a night out, what the hell are you speeding for???
Very well put.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:30 PM

567 posts, read 889,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Can I rate them a zero? 1 seems a bit too high.
-6 I think that's a fair number

Old 11-25-2013, 01:21 PM

471 posts, read 850,933 times
I like driving in Miami, but I prefer Milan and Rome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami