Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:28 AM

318 posts, read 624,656 times

Advertisements

Single Miami Men Outnumber Miami Women, According To Trulia

"Miami's male-to-female ratio of 1.2/1." (120 males for every 100 females).

"Miami recently ranked as the fourth least faithful city in the U.S."

This is the only city where old not so pretty women easily date younger guys.

I don't understand why there are so many men compared to women in this city.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:22 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
If you want to find out if a study has meaningful information, the first thing you need to find out is the criteria they use for their findings:

" so we looked at the ratio of men LIVING ALONE to women living alone in order to assess the dating scene. We also subtracted estimates of the gay and lesbian population in order to focus on men and women interested in dating someone of the opposite sex"

Miami is 70% latin with some American influence. The few things we have adopted from the American society is their extreme misogyny. We have a toxic combination of latin machismo with American misogyny. A man living with other men or his parents is seen as "probably gay" while the women are not looked down if they live with their parents Or other women because that is normal in Latin America.

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 06-09-2013 at 11:31 AM..

Old 06-09-2013, 11:40 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
I don't care what the numbers say... It certainly doesn't feel like there are more men than women in Miami.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:37 PM

353 posts, read 813,924 times
Sorry that's difficult to believe and I am not buying that...but on another note...NJ has some beautiful looking women.....you even been to a NJ mall? esp woodbridge.....

Old 06-09-2013, 01:09 PM

798 posts, read 1,459,391 times
When I see a Miami-an woman backwards is hard to tell if it is about a man or a woman. They have the same dimensions, big backs, no waist, big arms etc..especially Cubans. It looks there is a lack of femininity on them.

Last edited by angelscorpio; 06-09-2013 at 01:19 PM..

Old 06-09-2013, 01:15 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post
When I see a Miamian woman bacwards is hard to tell if it is a man or a woman. They have the same dimensions, big backs, no waist, big arms etc..especially Cubans.
That can't be further from the truth.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:50 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
If you want to find out if a study has meaningful information, the first thing you need to find out is the criteria they use for their findings:

" so we looked at the ratio of men LIVING ALONE to women living alone in order to assess the dating scene. We also subtracted estimates of the gay and lesbian population in order to focus on men and women interested in dating someone of the opposite sex"

Miami is 70% latin with some American influence. The few things we have adopted from the American society is their extreme misogyny. We have a toxic combination of latin machismo with American misogyny. A man living with other men or his parents is seen as "probably gay" while the women are not looked down if they live with their parents Or other women because that is normal in Latin America.
LMAO! What are you smoking? Anglo-American men are the LEAST misogynistic men I know. Of course, that's not to say there aren't some very bad actors in the bunch, but Anglo-American men as a group do not deserve the bum rap they get in the media. It's all manufactured pap. I also notice that other than Anglo women generally disagree with you, they seem to find Anglo American men desirable. And Anglo American women better sit up and take notice fast! They're gonna miss 'em when they're gone!

Old 06-09-2013, 04:21 PM

313 posts, read 647,058 times
Yeah, white guys never objectify women! It's all the dirty immigrants and their black friends. *sarcasm*

Don't kid yourself.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:26 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
Yeah, white guys never objectify women! It's all the dirty immigrants and their black friends. *sarcasm*

Don't kid yourself.
Sigh. Keep pouring fuel on the manufactured controversy. Anglo men are bad, evil, right? Very popular meme right now.

And don't put words in my mouth. That's what's dirty, not the immigrants.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:37 PM

313 posts, read 647,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Sigh. Keep pouring fuel on the manufactured controversy. Anglo men are bad, evil, right? Very popular meme right now.

And don't put words in my mouth. That's what's dirty, not the immigrants.
What are you talking about? Last I heard guys were pigs, period. I don't remember hearing white guys get singled out. If you're talking about the Republican Party, old white guys have dug that whole all on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: