Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:09 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I remember when I first moved here the clan used to have rallys just off of university in Davie. I also remember them walking around with their sheets on at the chilly cook off.
The latter I heard about, but how long ago did you move here on the former? I heard about neo-nazi recruitment in east Davie (especially some of the poorer "white" neighborhoods, which are a breeding ground for this stuff), but my god that movement is in every corner of this country. I am absolutely appalled by what happened to your wife, and I have heard of similar hate crimes in NYC (All the more obscene, they are often by Italians there, and I'm Italian myself). And everywhere. Hate knows no boundaries, and it's disgusting no matter where you are.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:11 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
The latter I heard about, but how long ago did you move here on the former? I am absolutely appalled by what happened to your wife, but I have heard of similar hate crimes in NYC. And everywhere. Hate knows no boundaries, and it's disgusting.
My family (extended family) is largely based in NYC and I assure you this does not happen nearly that much in Brooklyn, Muslims have way to much of a presence for that.

Would be like trying to call a Jewish person a filthy name in Brooklyn, you would likely catch the beating of your life afterward from a gang of Hassidim.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:25 PM

123 posts, read 134,451 times
^^^ Just as I wouldnt go to Davie or Jax'ville calling folks rednecks.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
My family (extended family) is largely based in NYC and I assure you this does not happen nearly that much in Brooklyn, Muslims have way to much of a presence for that.

Would be like trying to call a Jewish person a filthy name in Brooklyn, you would likely catch the beating of your life afterward from a gang of Hassidim.
Wild style, I sent you a DM. I am truly horrified by this incident and really wanted to express it personally.

And your right, I would feel safer in Brooklyn. People kind of "stick to their pack" to an extent there, but in the ultimate sense it seems to work. Queens and Staten Island are awful for social relations, IMO.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:32 PM

123 posts, read 134,451 times
I feel terribly too. I hope this doesnt happen again to you all. I hope u all can find a place that is more suited for you all. God bless

Old 12-07-2007, 04:21 PM

5 posts, read 8,863 times
Default Ignorance

Quote:
Okay so I am Muslim and my wife covers her hair (wears hijab)

Just after 9/11 A truck full of young guys scream out "go back to the desert you sand <insert insult>) then attempt to swerve at her like they are trying to run her off the road. She was afraid for months to go out by herself after that one.

I figured ok its after a tragic event so this will calm down in a year or so. But then four months ago while she was in Cooper City some guy rolls up to the side of her car and runs his fingers across his neck as to say he will slit her throat. She was really scared at that one, but i figured it was probably some low life no big deal. Then today while driving some guy screams out of his window "go home you Eye-raqi <insert insult>". This really starts to drain on you after a time and now my wife is paranoid about driving around and going places by herself (as she should be).

I really can't wait to vacate this place.
Some people can't separate muslims from terrorists. I personally would like to see all of Persia turned into a smoking crater. But I feel that most Muslims are here to live a peaceful life.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:07 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Wild style, I sent you a DM. I am truly horrified by this incident and really wanted to express it personally.

And your right, I would feel safer in Brooklyn. People kind of "stick to their pack" to an extent there, but in the ultimate sense it seems to work. Queens and Staten Island are awful for social relations, IMO.
My uncle used to live in Corona, for some reason I just don't like Queens at all. Well accept Forest Hills, that place gets the acception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnPeeCee View Post
Some people can't separate muslims from terrorists. I personally would like to see all of Persia turned into a smoking crater. But I feel that most Muslims are here to live a peaceful life.
By persia I assume you mean Iran? If so man, don't worry about them, I assure you they arent worried about you. If we (America) would just mind our own business and take care of our own people we wouldn't have half the problems in the world we have. We have people losing their homes cause of health care and people going homeless because they lost a job and hit a rough patch. Our government needs to worry about crap like that happening to Americans than bothering other countries and giving our hard earned tax dollars to other countries for "aide"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major League View Post
^^^ Just as I wouldnt go to Davie or Jax'ville calling folks rednecks.
going around calling people names is never a good look.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:10 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
That's a shame, because our office is in Davie/Cooper City and I never see the "redneck" people mentioned here. The area is quite wealthy in some areas it seems, and increasingly ethnic. Perhaps it is just me, but I have had fewer problems with "rednecks" than any other group.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
That's a shame, because our office is in Davie/Cooper City and I never see the "redneck" people mentioned here. The area is quite wealthy in some areas it seems, and increasingly ethnic. Perhaps it is just me, but I have had fewer problems with "rednecks" than any other group.
They are around, Rick! Actually I haven't really noticed any in Cooper City...Cooper City actually seems kind of Jewish...I'm unbelievably stunned by that incident.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Sorry folks, closing this thread for the time being to clean it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami