Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 09:13 AM

3 posts, read 4,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste88 View Post
I found several places on rent.com that seem like places my family and I could comfortably live in. If anyone has any info on these places I would appreciate it. They are in order from Weston, to Pembroke Pines, to cooper City. I found affordable places in Miramar, but could not distinguish which ones were on the west side, and so I skipped them. If anyone knows which ones on Rent.com are on the West side of Miramar, I'd love to know so that I can check them out as well.

#1 [url=http://www.rent.com/florida/weston-apartments/san-michele-4-365814]San Michele - St. Tropez Circle | Weston, FL Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®[/url]

#2 [url=http://www.rent.com/florida/weston-apartments/weston-place-4-451107]Weston Place - South Post Road | Weston, FL Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®[/url]

#3 [url=http://www.rent.com/florida/weston-apartments/st-andrews-at-weston-ltd-4-451423]St. Andrews At Weston - Bonaventure Boulevard | Weston, FL Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®[/url]

#4 [url=http://www.rent.com/florida/pembroke-pines-apartments/modera-pembroke-pines-apartments-4-60497816]Modera Pembroke Pines - SW 7 Street | Pembroke Pines, FL Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®[/url]

#5 [url=http://www.rent.com/florida/pembroke-pines-apartments/windsor-pines-4-431133]Windsor Pines - Nw 130 Avenue | Pembroke Pines, FL Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®[/url]

#6 [url=http://www.rent.com/florida/pembroke-pines-apartments/the-lakes-at-pembroke-apartments-4-450726]The Lakes At Pembroke - Sheridan Street | Pembroke Pines, FL Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®[/url] ***

#7 [url=http://www.rent.com/florida/hollywood-apartments/jefferson-monterra-4-64295916]Jefferson Monterra - Solano Ave | Cooper City, FL Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®[/url]

Hello Namaste88,
We are also moving to South Florida from NJ. I have looked at the same places you are. My wife was just there for a week exploring the area. Just wanted to add another place we looked at (online only)- Camden Portofino. Not sure good or bad.

We have a third grader, so looking for a good elementary school. Fortunately, we have some family and connections so we have a place to stay for a few months and explore the area. I see there is one more person -Epsylon who is doing the same move. If you are still in NJ, give us a call at 908-279-9881/908-405-0228 or connect on Whatsapp. We can find a good neighborhood or create one

By the way, to my knowledge, Florida schools start on 15Aug. So you have time to enroll. You may not have to move early and if we are there earlier than you, we will explore the area further for a good community apartment and inform you too. We live in Edison right now (classrooms are very diverse and yet extremely safe) so it will be a big move for us too.

By the way, Hollywood may not be a great place. Weston and Aventura sound good. We have heard that Aventura is kind of expensive. We will be exploring the area from June 15th to End of July and then decide on a place.

Hopefully we will all have a good transition. Sairam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 09:27 AM

3 posts, read 4,401 times
Hello Epslon,
I have replied an extended version to Namaste88 and thought I should also post relevant parts of my post as a reply to you.

We are also moving to South Florida from NJ. We have a third grader, (so a very different age group than your kids) but we are also looking for a good Indian Community. I see two temples around the Weston/ Pines area.

Fortunately, we have some family and connections so we have a place to stay for a few months and explore the area. We are in NJ, you can give us a call at 908-279-9881/908-405-0228 or connect on Whatsapp. IF we find a place, we will inform you too.

Where are you at present? Are you in Florida or in another state?

Hopefully we will all have a good transition. Sairam!

Old 06-12-2014, 10:38 AM

19 posts, read 26,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epslon View Post
hi Namaste88,

I am also looking in similar suggestions. I am having 2 girls who is entering into TEENs. I am mainly concentrating -
1. Great Schools
2. Great neighbors ( Specially indian community )
3. Affordable renting ( 2 Bed room & budgetting around $1500 )

My work in NW 112th Ave, Doral, Miami, FL.

Please share, if you find any reasonable suggestions.

Regards
Venu

Hi epslon ,

The move is going well. I just got back from a 4 day trip where we did more in person research. We saw several places in Cooper City, Aventura, and Weston. We decided Weston was great but just not right for our family. It felt somewhat isolated and disconnected. Cooper City was also great and we almost rented a place there. However, right before we signed the lease, we found the perfect place in Aventura and it was under budget. So we took it, and will be completing our move in the next two months.

Aside from your 3 listed priorities, where you decide to live will also be largely dependent on where you are from and what you are used to/looking for as far as lifestyle. Especially if you have teens. Personally, being from Jersey/NY we chose not to be in the Suburbs and decided to stay closer to family, shopping, and family entertainment in Aventura. Our plans are to rent for a year and settle into the new life and then purchase a Nice Condo or House.

We too had the same priorities since we also have preteens. I think if you are looking for a 2 Bedroom and would like to be in Aventura, you have a great chance of finding a place that you will love. We saw many great 2 bedrooms in Aventura. If you don't mind Condo living or rental community living, than I would recommend Aventura.

Wish you the best on your relocation. Hope this bit of info helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami