Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 11:24 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Going to the everglades without car?

Sounds like going up the creek without a paddle.
Just like mannimiami. Post for Posts and nothinn else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:28 PM

874 posts, read 900,465 times
Actually, the City of Homestead now has a free trolley down to Everglades national park. And that trolley features a local guide (who happens to be a friend of mine who is a pretty good ).

It won't be easy - public transit in Florida is not great - but it is doable without a car. It might be smart to Uber between the end of the Metrorail and the location where the trolley starts... it will likely cut a lot of time off the trip. In any case, I highly recommend you have Uber/Lift as a backup plan in case the trolley/train/bus is taking too long.

https://www.cityofhomestead.com/357/...National-Parks

Old 06-28-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
Actually, the City of Homestead now has a free trolley down to Everglades national park. And that trolley features a local guide (who happens to be a friend of mine who is a pretty good ).

It won't be easy - public transit in Florida is not great - but it is doable without a car. It might be smart to Uber between the end of the Metrorail and the location where the trolley starts... it will likely cut a lot of time off the trip. In any case, I highly recommend you have Uber/Lift as a backup plan in case the trolley/train/bus is taking too long.

AnnRyan, this was an unactive thread from 4 yrs ago, bumped by a newbee yesterday, no one really looked at my original comment from the useless BUMP !!!

Old 06-28-2018, 03:24 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,130,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post

The free trolley is only during the dry season.....~ Nov. through April. Not many people visit ENP during the summer. Higher water in the glades, the animals/reptiles disperse. Lots of the birds migrate up north during the summer. Mosquitos are horrendous! I spent many hours in ENP during the 40 years I lived in Homestead. Most of my hiking was Nov. through April. I would try and visit the glades at least once a month during the rainy season.

Yes, I do realize this thread is four years old. Perhaps there is someone, though, who is interested in visiting the area this summer.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:27 AM

874 posts, read 900,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
The free trolley is only during the dry season.....~ Nov. through April. Not many people visit ENP during the summer. Higher water in the glades, the animals/reptiles disperse. Lots of the birds migrate up north during the summer. Mosquitos are horrendous! I spent many hours in ENP during the 40 years I lived in Homestead. Most of my hiking was Nov. through April. I would try and visit the glades at least once a month during the rainy season.

Yes, I do realize this thread is four years old. Perhaps there is someone, though, who is interested in visiting the area this summer.

These posts come back to life all the time, I also realized that it was 4 years old. There's also the likelihood that someone will find it again. Hopefully another European tourist looking to go to the Glades without a car.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:02 AM

I post in other boards where after a given period of time, never as much as 4 yrs, where old topics get locked, then erased.

Their reason always is that it's use of too much storage resources wasting space.

Apparently here they do not care, I have brought it up to the Moderators and they do nothing, never again.

Let it be.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:12 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,130,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
I post in other boards where after a given period of time, never as much as 4 yrs, where old topics get locked, then erased.

Their reason always is that it's use of too much storage resources wasting space.

Apparently here they do not care, I have brought it up to the Moderators and they do nothing, never again.

Let it be.
Sometimes there is good information and discussions in the older topics. Why should they be deleted?

Old 06-29-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Sometimes there is good information and discussions in the older topics. Why should they be deleted?

No need to worry, here that is not an issue. As I clearly explained it.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:55 PM

227 posts, read 247,500 times
Quote:
Responding to a 4 yr old post, is not the way this works !!!!

I see your a newbee here. (Or at bulletin boards for that matter)..

No wonder.

This is the most petty, BS post I’ve seen in awhile. What are you, CD Police?! Who cares if someone brings up a 4 year old post. How is it hurting you? You even state the poster is a “newbee.” Give the guy a break On top of that, you then lash out on those who provide useful information, which may help someone in the future. Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:06 PM

227 posts, read 247,500 times
Quote:
I literally LOL with this comment. This is gold. You’ve actually messaged mods about these types of situations? You want to know why they don’t respond? Because it’s a petty, childish complaint. Thanks for the laugh lolol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami