Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 10:21 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,130,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn2palm View Post
This is all great stuff. I am checking back daily to see what the locals have to say....so keep it coming-the good, the bad, the ugly. I am from a small NC mtn town-the entire county has 26,000 people! We actually have a lot of local businesses, Dollar General, and Walmart-no mall. We moved to eastern NC a couple of years ago for work. It's a college town and although smaller as a "large city", it has 89,000 people. Years ago before the flood, the good and bad areas were more cut and dry-which I suspect hurricanes, etc did the same thing to Homestead. When the worst of section 8 gets flooded they get interspersed into the good areas. At Christmas the small mall is dangerous especially at night as well as Walmart at any given time. We have truly lived in the outskirts of the hood here and we have fared ok. I'm not sure that is something we want to struggle with in Homestead area. BUT we do want to stay below $1,200 if possible, and we would consider limiting the bedrooms we need from 3 to 2 if it would grant us true safety and peace of mind. We could possibly do better in a year depending on how well our house in the mountains rents. Any takers?!

Keep being as specific as you can on area names and subdivisions. It's been great!
I've lived in Homestead since 1978. I would suggest that you contact a realtor to help find a rental. There are a number of areas east of the turnpike that might be what you want, but I have no idea about the cost of renting. If you are on Facebook, look up City of Homestead, FL and go from there. Please don't believe all the folks who say Homestead is 'ghetto'. There are good parts of the town and not so good parts. The city celebrated their centennial a couple years ago. There is a real feeling of community down here with festivals, parades, ties to Everglades National Park and Biscayne National park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 06:56 PM

27 posts, read 30,471 times
I am wondering how the Ranchos del Sol community is in Homestead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami