Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:48 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times

Advertisements

Some people have night shift job schedules. Also, it's kinda nice to know that there's a place where you can use a restroom at a time of night that the rest of the town is a bathroom-hostile zone. For people with health issues and disabilities, thats one of the few safe harbours they can rely on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 10:25 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unquiltom View Post
There is a brand new Walmart Marketplace on 8th st. that is open 24 hours.
Yeah....8th and 69th Ave, which is WAY out of town if you live on the Beach...

I wonder if the one at Midtown will be 24 hours?

Old 01-28-2015, 09:03 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Grocery stores don't need to be open 24 hours a day. Yall got the rest of the time to get your groceries. Get em when the stores are open.
I disagree. A city of this size, with the seemingly endless traffic even late at night, needs some 24 hour stores. I hate having to run to the grocery store at 6pm to just pick up some milk and bread, only to find the registers are 10 people deep with shoppers. If the stores are open 24 hours, it reduces the number of people who have to shop at peak hours.
In San Diego, about 80% of the grocery stores are 24 hours. I never walked into a store there and found it packed with shoppers like I do here.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:09 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
All the CVS and Walgreens are 24/7 and have anything someone would need for a quick late night buy. Publix is opened till 11pm and of course there is Wal Mart. There is a 24/7 groceey store by midtown/edge water.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:28 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
As Miami becomes larger and more dense, like New York and Chicago, we will start seeing more businesses opening 24 hours.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:31 PM

823 posts, read 1,125,956 times
Yeah, but it's still not enough. And there's a difference between needing to pick up something quick and going to do some serious food shopping. I have 5 Publix stores within 5 miles of me, but none are open past 11 and don't open until 7am. I get off work at 6am about 75% of the time and usually want to be in bed by 7, not waiting in a Publix lot for it to open.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
I disagree. A city of this size, with the seemingly endless traffic even late at night, needs some 24 hour stores. I hate having to run to the grocery store at 6pm to just pick up some milk and bread, only to find the registers are 10 people deep with shoppers. If the stores are open 24 hours, it reduces the number of people who have to shop at peak hours.
In San Diego, about 80% of the grocery stores are 24 hours. I never walked into a store there and found it packed with shoppers like I do here.
It's been a while since you've been to San Diego, hasn't it? That is no longer the case. There are no more 24 hour grocery stores here. There used to even be a 24 hour Home Depot in Point Loma, but that one's on normal hours now. It kinda sucks in this town, anymore. The only 24 hour things are 7-Elevens, Denny's restaurants and certain gas stations. It's a freakin joke.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but it's still not enough. And there's a difference between needing to pick up something quick and going to do some serious food shopping. I have 5 Publix stores within 5 miles of me, but none are open past 11 and don't open until 7am. I get off work at 6am about 75% of the time and usually want to be in bed by 7, not waiting in a Publix lot for it to open.
I had your shift for many years. It totally throws everything out of wack in ways that can't even be explained. I can't even imagine being on that shift in Miami.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:13 AM

231 posts, read 462,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Grocery stores don't need to be open 24 hours a day. Yall got the rest of the time to get your groceries. Get em when the stores are open.
Spoken like someone who has never been anywhere before.

Having quality 24 hour grocery store options is perfect so that I can do a full weeks work of grocery shopping produce, perishables and all at 2am to avoid lines. Also depending on life circumstances, this can be the only time one has to do this.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:35 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityScape0322 View Post
Spoken like someone who has never been anywhere before.

Having quality 24 hour grocery store options is perfect so that I can do a full weeks work of grocery shopping produce, perishables and all at 2am to avoid lines. Also depending on life circumstances, this can be the only time one has to do this.
In Germany most businesses including groceries stores don't even open on Sundays and Holidays, let alone 24 hours. Germany's economy is great and most Germans get to enjoy their Sundays off.

You get used to it. No one works the graveyard shift 7 days a week. American customer are so ridiculously spoiled and selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami