Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 PM

17 posts, read 112,567 times

Advertisements

hello all,
How safe/dangerous is the Design District? I've heard the north side of Miami is still pretty dangerous; does that include the design district? Is there any website that lists Miami neighborhoods and their major attractions and things to watch out for and if there's a lot of crime or not?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 02:37 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,668,829 times
Keep with Little Havana. The Design District is not a very nice neighborhood. If you want to live in that area, I would ONLY recommend the area EAST of N. Miami Ave. where Midtown Miami shops and condos are.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:08 PM

546 posts, read 2,147,058 times
Design district is an up-and coming neighborhood in a historically poor and high-crime area. One block can be really nice but if you go the wrong direction for 3 blocks you'll be in a bad part of town real fast. I'd look into Brickell even though it's more expensive...or South Miami.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:21 PM

551 posts, read 3,122,521 times
Yeah, I looked into living here as well, but changed my mind after I drove through it. There are only a couple of nice blocks, but it looks pretty rough otherwise. I consider the "up-and-coming", halfway decent part of the Design District to be between NE 36th Street (northern border), NE 29th Street (southern border, but maybe not quite this far south), N. Miami Avenue (western border), and the Biscayne Bay as your eastern border. A lot of new development is happening in this part and there are some existing "big box" developments at the corner of N. Miami Ave. and NE 36th St. (Target, Marshall's, Circuit City). Go one block north of here though, and it gets pretty bad looking. Seems to be a lot of unique art galleries and other design-type stuff emerging. We'll see if it can really take off...

Old 01-16-2008, 04:32 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,133,060 times
I would choose Little Havana over the DD anyday. Also interesting to note, the Design District has been up and coming for years now....so if you move in tomorrow, it will still be what it is today, and most likely so in a year when your lease would be up...so keep that in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami