Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:30 PM

96 posts, read 366,079 times

Advertisements

La Carreta. YUMMMMMM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 09:38 AM

44 posts, read 238,454 times
I'll third La Carreta, but my favorite (and super inexpensive) is the Sports Grill in the Hammocks for their "special grilled" chicken wings. I've never introduced anyone to them that hasn't immediately become a fan of them

Old 02-12-2008, 09:41 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,411 times
Checkers Burgers. You gotta eat

Old 02-15-2008, 06:16 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,026,894 times
*Sergio's (Great Cuban Food, great service, great value)
Chevy's (Great Mexican Food, great service, great value)
Gourmet, Gourmet (Chinese Food in the Gables, ditto to above- looks like a dive, but the food is great)
Panera is dandy for Sandwiches
Can't beat a crepe at the CrepeMaker!
Los Ranchos is awesome, too! Great Food!

Special Occasion: Cheesecake Factory

Old 02-17-2008, 03:55 PM

60 posts, read 284,250 times
Miami -
Versailles - good cuban food
Sergios - good & cheap cuban food
Cassolas - great pizza & subs
Duffy's Tavern - great burgers & a UM favorite
Flanigans - local favorite
Sushi Chef - good & cheap sushi
Big Cheese - pizza & subs a UM favorite
Fritanga Monimbo - good Nicaraguan food

South Beach
Pizza Rustica - best pizza around
Big Pink - good all around food

Hollywood - Le Tub has the best burgers in the world

Old 02-17-2008, 03:58 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Le Tub is a conspiracy. I went there to wait 90 minutes for my crappy, cold, burnt overpriced burger on top of waiting an hour to get in. The "best burger" status is either some kind of conspiracy or they really meant to say "best burglar", because it's a crime to call that place the best burger in the country. And almost every single person I have talked to has told me the same.

I honestly don't know about hole in the walls in Dade, other than I tried Fritanga Monimbo and I found it very good.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:40 PM

60 posts, read 284,250 times
Compelled to reply, since you don't like Le Tub, what would you recommend? I think Fritanga Monimbo is good, but I would suggest all the other Dade joints below over them.

Miami

Versailles - good cuban food
Sergios - good & cheap cuban food
Cassolas - great pizza & subs
Duffy's Tavern - great burgers & a UM favorite
Flanigans - local favorite
Sushi Chef - good & cheap sushi
Big Cheese - pizza & subs a UM favorite

South Beach

Pizza Rustica - best pizza around
Big Pink - good all around food

Old 02-17-2008, 05:16 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
For a good hole in the wall hamburger in Broward? Flanagans (of course) or Landlubbers in Plantation or Cooper City. And then theres the (in)famous Jack's on U.S.1. If anyone has ever been to In-n-Out burger in CA, it's kind of like that. Lesters does good diner fare, and I get fantastic pizza in the chevron gas station at Commercial and Hiatus in Sunrise (the place is called Pizza Time), complete with the loudmouth Italian guy from the Bronx while you sit down and eat your slice of authentic NY pizza staring at the gas pumps (although you can't really tell your in the gas station otherwise). He makes awesome sandwiches too. Strangest experience ever, but I recommend. Stromboli Pizza in Plantation is also good, and I'm trying to remember the name of this eastern European restaurant in Hollywood that I went to that had excellent food and service. If you want the Miami cafeteria style Latin food experience in Broward theres Latin American Grill in Pembroke Pines. We used to have one in Weston but it closed down.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 02-17-2008 at 05:28 PM..

Old 02-17-2008, 09:00 PM

350 posts, read 1,522,172 times
I really like LaSapada's in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. Little sub shop, I think they have other locations. Great subs.

Another place I like, but is not cheap, is Basilico in Miami Basilico Ristorante. They serve northern Italian food and have a ravioli dish with gorgonzola cheese, pear, and figs that I think is the best thing I have ever tasted.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 PM

518 posts, read 2,226,176 times
Chez Porky's in Pompano Beach for Cajun. It's in a rundown strip shopping center surrounded by warehouses and auto body shops, but looks are deceiving.

Thai Spice in Fort Lauderdale is the best of several excellent Thai restaurants we've sampled here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami