Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 02:29 PM

892 posts, read 859,294 times

Advertisements

Also regarding sports, everyone knows the major sports but Miami also has Miami Open, a PGA tournament in Doral, NASCAR down in Homestead, and soon getting a soccer stadium.

I will be in the men's finals of tennis this April 3. Tennis is really the only sport I care about, but Miami has just about every sport imaginable to watch or will soon with the opening of that soccer stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 03:49 PM

328 posts, read 473,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
I don't like clubs either but I love Miami's nightlife which shows me you don't know Miami's nightlife. There is nothing more sublime than eating dinner at 1am in Baoli to a world famous dj only to walk in the adjacent room to a dance club. There is nothing more beautiful than soaking in the pool on the rooftop of the redbury, or ordering drinks from the pool in the Raleigh. How about the numerous organized yacht parties? How about the awesome rooftop of Fifty Ultra Lounge?

Ok but I do, I can stay on my balcony year-round without being cold. I can go to my boat year-round, without being cold. And so do many people, hence Miami's appeal. And hence why this poster wants a warm city.

That's your fault for not living on Miami Beach.

Traffic is a nightmare in every major city - even worse in my native LA. But here in Miami I rarely drive, so the lesson is pick your neighborhood wisely.
Bruh, youre in the 1% ... youre not living the real miami O_O

or youre a serious troll X_X

Old 03-20-2016, 03:51 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,328,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
What has this to do with the Miami Forum as it appears you have mickey mouse reading skills.
Point being -- the two cities (and cultures) have an entirely different labor market and work ethic -- and it can be an unpleasant suprise for someone expecting an entirely different set of standards. You're free to criticize, but not to censor or overrule.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:45 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,412,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsard View Post

Pretty much.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:

What does this have to do with anything? I'm pretty sure every city has the same problem, the top 1% have the most fun. That's true wherever you go, I'm sorry man if you settle for mediocrity you get only mediocrity.

Now I'll wager that Miami is also awesome for the bottom 1%, because we have so many homeless. Those homeless could go anywhere they want, they all choose Miami for well, what this poster is choosing it for - our climate. Also the amount of tourists they can panhandle doesn't hurt. Sometimes I wish there weren't so many of them, but well there it is.

Btw being the top 1% in this country is very easy - out of a group of just 1,000 people just be in the top 10. Not hard at all.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:45 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times
I see nothing wrong with Majami's descriptions....in fact, he describes the reasons why I want to leave "laid back" San Diego (my definition of laid back is dull) for the cosmopolitan, international lifestyle of Miami that you only get in a handful of cities in this entire country.

Restaurants, nightlife (and I'm a mid 50's guy not into clubs either but there are plenty of cool places where I hang and can get a change of scenery/vibe--such as Lilt Lounge, Area 31, River Yacht Club, The Grove, Wynwood, Regents Cocktail Club, Bodega speakeasy, Smith & Wollensky happy hour, smoking a cigar in a chair outside Meat Market watching the crowd go by, Lagniappe, etc. etc.), more cultural events than he might have mentioned earlier (Art Basel, Food & Wine festivals, etc.)...as for sporting events, I'm not necessarily attached to the local Miami teams but would enjoy the fact I can attend all 4 major sports as well as some good NCAA football and basketball.....throw in an ocean I can go in without a wetsuit year-round and see my feet more than 2 feet into the ocean....proximity to 30-35 other countries within a 2.5 - 3 hour plane ride....yeah, Miami has humidity and it gets and stays very hot 4 consecutive months--(1) that is when I will take my vacations and (2) because of the humidity, the already extremely attractive female population ages better (women in their 40's in Miami are still hot)...I will concede getting used to mosquitoes and their fondness for biting me will take some getting adjusted to. Traffic?--having grown up in the NY metro area and lived in SoCal most of my life will be no problem adapting to--and I use my horn as well.

Cosmopolitan cities are not for everybody nor are they cheap....that's why there are other homogeneous, less expensive, slower paced/laid back options such as Delray Beach or wherever.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:05 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,412,451 times
Quote:
What does this have to do with anything? I'm pretty sure every city has the same problem, the top 1% have the most fun. That's true wherever you go, I'm sorry man if you settle for mediocrity you get only mediocrity.
OK, but you use your lifestyle to back up claims as to why Miami is so awesome or what not. That's what people are trying to say. Based on everything you have said, you can't possibly know what the real Miami is like...although you can keep pretending so.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
OK, but you use your lifestyle to back up claims as to why Miami is so awesome or what not. That's what people are trying to say. Based on everything you have said, you can't possibly know what the real Miami is like...although you can keep pretending so.
Again excuse me, but everyone here uses examples from their life to justify their opinions.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:20 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,152 times
There are ways to live a similar lifestyle, responsibly, without being wealthy. I have plenty of friends with boats, jet skis, airplanes, etc. I know people who are anything but wealthy who enjoy drinks at the beach and seem to make trips to the Bahamas every few weeks. Instead of a Miami Beach dance club, they might be at beach bars. When I was broke as heck, I used to shore dive 4 times a week with a friend. It cost me about $4. Most parks are free during the week.

When I take my jet ski down to Miami, the people I meet out on the water are not rich. But they get out and enjoy what Miami has to offer.

You may not be eating $500 meals, but who cares?

Old 03-21-2016, 07:24 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,011,701 times
Quote:
Beaches are nice, but I don't visit them often
Quote:
That's your fault for not living on Miami Beach.

Exactly! In fact, here is my view this morning while sitting on my sofa reading City-Data and drinking coffee:
Attached Thumbnails
what is it like living in a warm big city....-view-sofa-2-.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami