Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 10:21 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,869,642 times

Advertisements

The last supporting anchor of South Florida golf is now gone. First it was the many courses around Miami being developed or attempted to be developed and then the closing of all of the golf stores and driving ranges and then everything else started to go. First it was the Champions tour at Key Biscayne, long gone, The LPGA tried but failed, so did the Web.com and now quietly in the night the PGA is moving to Mexico City.

Poor Doris and Al Kaskel or Doral are weeping in their graves today at the thought of an event that had well more than 50 years of tradition and culture is now gone because of what may be political hatred and a desire to once and for all kill golf in what used to be the Mecca for golfers.

Not only will this move further erode the economy but it will take millions of charity dollars away from those in need.

Very nice of the PGA to move the tournament to one of the most filthy, nasty, crime ridden cities in the world in order to punish Trump under the guise that they could not find a replacement sponsor.

Well played.

PGA Tour will move event from Miami's Trump Doral resort to Mexico City in 2017

Top 17 Dirtiest Cities in The World
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 11:13 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,504,232 times
sorry for Miami/Doral.......happy for Trump......I was planning to travel down for the 2017 WGC from Tampa.....guess not now.....I am surprised that Mexico gets it.....not many Mexicans even on the tour.......should have rewarded somewhere else......

Old 06-01-2016, 12:31 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,201,287 times
The next move is for Trump to dump The Doral like a hot potato.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,905,287 times
I'm sure they purposely picked Mexico City.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:03 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,832,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Yeah it seems rather obvious to me.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:13 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,483,085 times
I wonder how long it will take Trump to decide to sell this property?

Old 06-01-2016, 06:10 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,953,657 times
Well one has Trump to thank for this as he has made some pretty harsh comments about Mexico. Yea some of of it is political and some financial.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:17 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,985,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
The next move is for Trump to dump The Doral like a hot potato.
I hope he does that.

Good riddance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post

Not only will this move further erode the economy but it will take millions of charity dollars away from those in need.

Well played.
[/url]
The charities are gonna fall apart. Doral residents watch out. Your neighborhood will become the next Liberty City once Trump leaves. Miami watch out, we will become the next Detroit if Trump sells his properties. Our economy depends on Trump, we could have become the next New York City, the only thing we were missing was a Trump University Campus

OP please, saves us the fake outrage. No one is buying your political agenda. Please go back to the elections forum to promote your idol, Trump.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:19 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,710,689 times
I flew over Miami today and couldnt help but wonder why so much landed is wasted on golf courses, considering we have such limited land in south Florida. Large swaths of valuable land on miami beach and elsewhere in south FL reserved for a few ppl that wanna hit a ball into a hole? Good riddance.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:29 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,985,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Yeah it seems rather obvious to me.
I don't know why you guys mean but if I had to take a guess I would say it is easier for those wealthy drug lords to bring these tournaments home. It sucks for the players but money rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I flew over Miami today and couldnt help but wonder why so much landed is wasted on golf courses, considering we have such limited land in south Florida. Large swaths of valuable land on miami beach and elsewhere in south FL reserved for a few ppl that wanna hit a ball into a hole? Good riddance.
Yeah most locals don't care. They only need so many golf courses. Trump should move his golf courses to places where there is plenty of land and where he is loved like Mississippi or Alabama. What stops him from opening a nice golf course and some nice hotels in Jackson, Pensacola or Alabama? Give back to those who blindly support you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami