Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 08:10 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Why do you compare yourself with the US? Any city in Alabama is richer and more intellectual than Montreal. They might not be activists or anti-whatever, but at least they are in the 21th century.
Way to jump the shark completely there buddy!

One can say certain things about Montreal (Europhile poseur, fake French, dog-eared, crumbling infrastructure, etc) and we can have a discussion, but your comments are just so off-base it's just impossible to know where to start. It's like you were talking about another city that does not even exist.

There's gotta be something like a pretty girl named Marie-Josée who dumped you that's responsible for all of this venom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 08:41 AM

170 posts, read 190,167 times
***MOD CUT*** Shame, but Miami really is about the sun (and probably the parties that start at midnight) and not the brains. Anyone claiming otherwise, well likely belongs here.

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-03-2016 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: Personal Attacks Not Allowed

Old 09-24-2016, 09:23 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post
***MOS CUT*** Shame, but Miami really is about the sun (and probably the parties that start at midnight) and not the brains. Anyone claiming otherwise, well likely belongs here.

Exactly my point, not only have i clearly seen that on the forum, but also in real life! i understand it's not everyone as i mentioned before, but its many people unfortunately. Acajack and I can say facts about Montreal and it'll go over everyone's heads

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-03-2016 at 08:08 AM..

Old 09-25-2016, 03:39 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Torres View Post
***MOD CUT*** Shame, but Miami really is about the sun (and probably the parties that start at midnight) and not the brains. Anyone claiming otherwise, well likely belongs here.

Just the fact that most people around don't give a fa.rt about Canada...and you spend the entire day bickering against the US shows your unsecurity. I don't think that Canada has anything to do with Europe sociologically.

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-03-2016 at 08:08 AM..

Old 09-25-2016, 09:01 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Just the fact that most people around don't give a fa.rt about Canada...and you spend the entire day bickering against the US shows your unsecurity. I don't think that Canada has anything to do with Europe sociologically.
Who said anything about Canada being like Europe sociologically?

Anyway, you're talking to the wrong guy because I happen to think that the U.S. is still very much a European-derived society with many remaining similarities to the old continent.

In any event, Montreal is still a place where pop music stations targeted at 20-somethings that play Pitbull and Justin Bieber have foodies on staff who do on-air segments on fine cheeses and wine pairings. I am not joking BTW.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:32 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
I don't know but this thread took a very anti-intellectual turn. People arguing that some city is more intellectual than other based on their personal observations.

We need some enlightenment, let's learn some basic Spanish and expand our horizons:

Uno, dos, tres, cuatro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tMV96xULk

Old 10-02-2016, 01:05 PM

Love Pitbull

Old 10-26-2016, 12:48 PM

44 posts, read 130,060 times
Been living in this forsaken city for 23 years and thats a fact. I have been around the world , Iceland, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands , and many others and let me tell you: Miami is a village, both in size and it terms of its inhabitants. The ratio of libraries and museums vs stadiums and clubs should tell you everything. This is a party town designed for the party crowd, tattooed morons and over juiced-thugs. You want to talk about philosophy, finance and world politics here? Good luck.

All my friends that live overseas laugh at this city, even the country. How far Trump has gone proves my point.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:53 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ositosucio View Post
Been living in this forsaken city for 23 years and thats a fact. I have been around the world , Iceland, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands , and many others and let me tell you: Miami is a village, both in size and it terms of its inhabitants. The ratio of libraries and museums vs stadiums and clubs should tell you everything. This is a party town designed for the party crowd, tattooed morons and over juiced-thugs. You want to talk about philosophy, finance and world politics here? Good luck.

All my friends that live overseas laugh at this city, even the country. How far Trump has gone proves my point.
And we are laughing at them even more. I have a lot of Euro friends AND family, and I can tell you that that are laughing less and less. They are seeing things crumbling around them. Europe is in a total mess right now in more ways than one. Europe is quickly swinging to the right, as we even saw with Brexit, Austria, etc. etc. etc. Folkeparti with a huge victory in Denmark recently.... It's swinging right. And my family and friends have quickly been ditching the progressive manipulism lately.

I have family here right now from Denmark. They don't feel comfortable or safe or desire to vacation in Europe or Turkey like they would have in the past. They are on vacation traveling around the US right now instead and love it here.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Way to jump the shark completely there buddy!

One can say certain things about Montreal (Europhile poseur, fake French, dog-eared, crumbling infrastructure, etc) and we can have a discussion, but your comments are just so off-base it's just impossible to know where to start. It's like you were talking about another city that does not even exist.

There's gotta be something like a pretty girl named Marie-Josée who dumped you that's responsible for all of this venom.

Why Canadians are always bashing somebody? When they don't bash the states, they bash the country in which they are living. What I can't stand is their moral superiority, as in they are above the world. A Canadian girl? Too self-righteous, just living in 68.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami