Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 12:35 AM

4 posts, read 4,082 times

Advertisements

All, looking to move to Miami. I'm 34 and recently sold my business and have decided its time for a few life changes. As such, I spent all of my 20's and up till recently tied to my company and haven't had much "me" time.

That said, I've looked casually starting back in 2013 ( I should have bought everything on market then), and am at a point where I am ready to pull the trigger.

Priorities would be:
- Waterfront (bayfront, no canal), 90+ ft
- Larger lot....I dont want my neighbors 10 feet away from my windows.
- proximety to nightlight and restaurants and other necessary retail ie grocery stores
- running....decent streets/active community
- the beach has 0 appeal to me

I've looked at a few places along pinetree, but have been cautioned that Collins Ave can be quite "noisy" at night. I've looked at a few in the grove, but most are canal front just due to inventory. The islands have had a few but until you are looking at 10MM plus, they all need a redo or tear down. North bay rd has a few that are at my budget but the views are more north and less "downtown", which if I am going to sacrifice a breeze, it needs to come with a view.

So, if you were in my shoes, no family, where would you buy?

Also, I have realtor representation, but I wanted to get backside information to verify some of what is being relayed to me.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 09:27 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Rivo Alto Island on the Venetian Causeway or Sunset Islands 3 & 4. All three of these options are easily connected to the NW corner of SouthBeach with access to all sorts of daily services, entertainment and dining away from the tourists that are primarily along the east side of the beach. Sunset 4 is arguably the most convenient to daily life amenities and Rivo Alto has the best access to DT Miami resources while still being reasonably accessible to the NW side of SouthBeach. The Sunset Islands are also gated so you have a level of exclusivity as well. The Venetian is a tolled county road but most of the islands' residents are on the much less travelled side streets on the islands themselves. Residents and employees on The Venetian can buy a yearly pass for the toll and it's pretty "token". It's kind of the best of both worlds.
That said, all of the best waterfront homes on the islands are relatively close to each other, especially when your neighbors tear down their legacy homes and build ones that maximize their lot sizes. If you can find a home on the bend of an island, you'll probably have a little more separation from your neighbors as long as you don't follow in their footsteps and maximize your lot as well. Waterfront lots are insanely expensive and $7M tear down purchases on the water on these islands are not uncommon.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:49 PM

874 posts, read 900,101 times
Clearly, not the most modern place, but the view is pretty stellar.

7301 Belle Meade Island Dr, Miami, FL 33138

Old 12-09-2016, 02:43 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
Clearly, not the most modern place, but the view is pretty stellar.

7301 Belle Meade Island Dr, Miami, FL 33138
RE advertisements are not allowed on C-D

Old 12-09-2016, 08:44 PM

874 posts, read 900,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
RE advertisements are not allowed on C-D
Not my listing and he has a realtor, and I was responding to a specific request for information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: