Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 07:02 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,565,413 times

Advertisements

Looks like I will be setting up shop at 1060 Brickell for the next 6 months. Nothing was available for under $4500 at Jade, my first choice...quite the process requiring use of realtors on both ends, paperwork, and the application process...looked at Reach, but the agents were in a rush (maybe they had diarrhea?), and acted as though units on the less desirable river view, not Biscayne Bay, were God's gift to earth (let alone asking SoFi prices)--they can eat their condo as far as I am concerned...also, some did not disclose at first that their condo was not ready to move in for 2-3 weeks, wasting everyone's time in the process.

Looks like spring/summer will be a good time to buy and I should have a very good feel/flavor for Brickell within the next 60 days or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 09:12 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,835,827 times
Renting is often a more elaborate process than buying.

I have sworn off working with rentals anymore.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:47 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,763,852 times
Still amazed that anyone would pay that much to live in a dump like that when a whole house can be found for less.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:19 PM

Urban living has its advantages, hence the higher cost.....will see...the good thing is real estate is not only staying on the market longer but coming down--rising interest rates will only continue that process....I could care less if rates rise provided prices come down by a similar or greater amount--it's the price I pay that matters (not only for eventual resale but property tax purposes) and I might have timed my move fairly well.

I have never been married which means I have never been divorced so the condo rental process in Miami will give me good practice for that, should that ever happen, or invasive hemorrhoid surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Still amazed that anyone would pay that much to live in a dump like that when a whole house can be found for less.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:48 PM

278 posts, read 317,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Dump? That's a bit much. Sorry you feel that way

Old 12-23-2016, 03:10 PM

874 posts, read 901,085 times
I think we'll all be interested in seeing what you think now that you actually live in Miami. Had dinner at Perricones yesterday, they run a nice operation, check it out when you get a chance.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:00 PM

Im learning the little quirks of day to day minor battles....re: the building I will temporarily live in, only the first TV set cable is free (need to pay for the 2nd receiver); As for internet, Comcast will rent a router but they do not service my building. DirecTV and Webpass serve my building but do not rent routers...welcome to Miami??

Old 12-23-2016, 06:56 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,500,548 times
Why do you need to rent a router? Do you have to have one for the ISP you are using or can you just buy a wireless router in Best Buy?

Old 12-24-2016, 08:12 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,638,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Im learning the little quirks of day to day minor battles....re: the building I will temporarily live in, only the first TV set cable is free (need to pay for the 2nd receiver); As for internet, Comcast will rent a router but they do not service my building. DirecTV and Webpass serve my building but do not rent routers...welcome to Miami??

One of the biggest issues with these condo buildings is that they did dirty deals with "fake" telecommunications companies. So you aren't serviced by Dish Network, DirecTV, or Comcast directly - but some bogus 3rd party with horrible service - who just resells the same Dish/DirecTV/Comcast anyways. Generally speaking. You pay more, get less, and deal with a nightmare service as well. It's one of the reasons we moved out of one of those types of buildings.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:58 PM

64 posts, read 67,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Looks like I will be setting up shop at 1060 Brickell for the next 6 months. Nothing was available for under $4500 at Jade, my first choice...quite the process requiring use of realtors on both ends, paperwork, and the application process...looked at Reach, but the agents were in a rush (maybe they had diarrhea?), and acted as though units on the less desirable river view, not Biscayne Bay, were God's gift to earth (let alone asking SoFi prices)--they can eat their condo as far as I am concerned...also, some did not disclose at first that their condo was not ready to move in for 2-3 weeks, wasting everyone's time in the process.

Looks like spring/summer will be a good time to buy and I should have a very good feel/flavor for Brickell within the next 60 days or so.
Who pays the required broker? Is there a fee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: