Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:00 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,556,774 times

Advertisements

Just went on the MLB site and there are no single game tickets showing as available for this specific game--D.R. v. USA....ditto for Stubhub, which I find very hard to believe even if the game is sold out...is this the game of the century in Miami or keep checking back? I am not interested in buying a 3-pack (tickets for 3 games)--just this game in particular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 08:11 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,647 times
Just go to the stadium the day of the game. There will be plenty of tickets for sale. Even the box office releases tickets the day of the game. No such thing as a sell out unless you're talking about the Marlins owner LOL

Old 03-07-2017, 10:44 AM

There are seats for sale on Stubhub and Marlins site says game is close to a sell out and did not have any seats available for sale--as of last week for DR v USA...will check back towards end of this week to see if things have changed.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Why hasn't the WBC been widely promoted/advertised? It's not available on regular TV channels. Why? The few games I've managed to watch have been competitive. This is a true World Series!

Old 03-21-2017, 07:03 AM

It has been on the MLB Network. I ended up attending the USA-Canada game.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:09 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
It has been on the MLB Network. I ended up attending the USA-Canada game.
How was it?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:27 AM

Game wasnt that exciting as US blew out Canada...also Marlins Park personnel did not kick out fans who attended the earlier game in a timely fashion, contributing to a huge traffic jam (between fans exiting and fans coming to the second game...adding to the mess was rain).

That being said, I bought Diamond Club tickets directly behind the plate for $160. Besides great seats this included complimentary access to the buffet and free beer and wine so I figure the ticket for the great seat really only cost me $90-100....stadium was maybe 2/3 full for the game and due to the rain the roof was closed. Did get to check out the aquarium behind the plate which was very cool.

BTW, on a separate note, checked out the new Ballpark of the Palm Beaches to see the Yankees/Astros game over the weekend. Had great seats 10 rows behind the plate and you are very close to the action with great sight lines. That is where the positives end, however--the ballpark staff and Sherriff department were completely unprepared for the traffic (even though they knew the game was sold out in advance) and it took nearly 45 minutes to enter the parking lot entrance from Haverhill Road and park on an unpaved, grassy knoll lot (can only image how many cars get stuck in mud if it rains and definitely plan on needing a car wash afterwards, rain or no rain). Scoreboard was too small to make out the names on the lineups and ordering food from the concession stand took at least half an inning. If the home teams (Astros and Nationals) ever host a top drawing team, such as the Yankees, Mets or Red Sox, I suggest plan on arriving at least 75 minutes prior to the starting time to be on the safe side (60 minutes was not enough to avoid severe traffic congestion).

Last edited by elchevere; 03-21-2017 at 10:40 AM..

Old 03-21-2017, 06:09 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Yeah, for spring training, Yankees in Tampa and Phillies in Clearwater are some of the best in the state.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:12 PM

Been about 10 years since I was in Tampa...might have to go back next year for a game, Berns Steakhouse, Mons Venus, and to visit friends in Sarasota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Yeah, for spring training, Yankees in Tampa and Phillies in Clearwater are some of the best in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami