Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:42 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
People got cars more expensive than their homes.
'Tis true, 'tis true!!!
I have neighbors in my building that drive cars that were more expensive than my condo (when I bought it 8 years ago).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 11:47 PM

34 posts, read 166,136 times
It depends on the sort of people you care to be assioated with.
If you choose to hang with the phonies then you must become a phony.
I have plenty of family driving economy cars down there who don't give a rats popcorn fart what folks think because the people who look down on them aren't people they choose to assioate with.

You'll find that the real down to earth people who aren't up to their necks in credit debt pretending they got somethin are usually the ones you can count on while the phonies will turn on you in a heart beat.

Remember Miami is a city filled with transplants who came down to see and be seen because it's the hot place to be. If that's why you're there then I guess you may need a new car to fit in.

As for the native population you can generally spot us because we don't dress to impress or bother with all that trend-o-riffic silliness as much as the others. Honestly there's no sence in living a lifestyle you can't afford or one that doesn't suit you just to impress others. (there's some of that good ol Miami in your face honesty you hear so much about)

But it's your choice.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:25 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
There's something for everyone in every part of the United States (reasonabally). You can find a group of friends no matter where you go, you just might have to deal with more of a certain type of people in different areas.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
I love how there is four pages to respond to a troll

Old 03-27-2008, 10:45 AM

41 posts, read 257,566 times
Can't believe you guys are bothering to respond to this thread???

Old 03-27-2008, 08:40 PM

670 posts, read 1,743,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana913 View Post
Is Miami really that superficial that you are judged by the car you drive?

______________________Yes_________________________ _________

Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 PM

135 posts, read 711,491 times
You would buy a new car just because people would look down on what you currently have? Why do you want to impress superficial people so much? You said you don't want to worry about people judging you based on your car but you sound worried right now. I don't get it. I don't see the point in trying to impress someone that would look down on you for having a new model lexus and not an audi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami