Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 08:59 AM

158 posts, read 144,454 times

Advertisements

Yes I’m with you, I love this weather! For me summer is the worst season, just waaaaaay too hot and humid. I feel drained with no energy during summer, so yes I’m enjoying this weather while it lasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 11:30 AM

233 posts, read 172,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Have you checked out the new Casablanca Cigar Lounge near your pad?...nice place. I’m hitting the Big Smoke tomorrow evening. Catching up with a couple of my dealers from Mexico and London and hope they bring some extra cigars from last month’s Habanos festival with them...for me.
Yeah, I sometimes buy cigars from them. Total Wine also has a good selection, and added benefit I can buy some good cognac or scotch to enjoy with the cigar.

Quote:
Last year was my first full summer here, in Brickell, and I found the summer quite tolerable, bordering on outright enjoyable. Brickell must have a different microclimate than the beach as I found that we had a consistent breeze coming off the bay (with the exception of only a few days) which makes a huge difference.
I noticed this in Brickell as well. My guess is that it's the tall buildings which both block out the sun and provide a wind tunnel effect. The breeze off the ocean should be the strongest off the ocean, but buildings can magnify it. I sometimes notice this walking down Ocean Dr when I walk inbetween gaps in the neighboring buildings - the wind just picks up.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:46 PM

253 posts, read 434,525 times
How quickly we forget. The entire month of February was absolutely brutal. Not a decent day within the month. I was watching the Winter Olympics but via my surroundings it felt like it should have been the Summer Olympics.

March has been a decent partial save but I'll always remember this winter for the pathetic February. I should have spent that month in Las Vegas.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:29 AM

233 posts, read 172,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
How quickly we forget. The entire month of February was absolutely brutal. Not a decent day within the month. I was watching the Winter Olympics but via my surroundings it felt like it should have been the Summer Olympics.

March has been a decent partial save but I'll always remember this winter for the pathetic February. I should have spent that month in Las Vegas.
February was lovely. If you ask me, it could stay at that temperature, humidity, and breeze combination for the entire year.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:07 AM

7,410 posts, read 6,556,774 times
my initial observation was based on the totality of this winter--from December through today.....I've needed to wear a jacket, including a winter jacket on multiple occasions (with my nose running), more times than I remember in the past to sit outside enjoying my morning cup of coffee...still loving it, nice change of pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post

Old 03-17-2018, 02:59 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
I wished for gloves a few times this winter.

It was cold.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:28 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
Even now 2-3 months after the last post, May 14th and I have to say that since I moved to W Kendall in 1988 this has been the BEST winter and Spring Weather I have had in S Fla.

Loving it !!! The SHORTER the Hot Summers, the Better.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:03 PM

772 posts, read 1,143,067 times
I've been here since December and the weather has been absolutely beautiful. Not liking these gray days though. Hoping it doesn't stay this way.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:54 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
All good thangs must come to an end...And we're beginning to run into the Wet Season, the nice thing about the Wet Season is that other than humidity, the HEAT is not over bearing.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:17 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Barely raining out East by the intercostal. My mother lives in W Broward and is having torrential downpours.

Not here as usual :-) "Its always sunny in Sobe" ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami