Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,026,948 times

Advertisements

Kevin, I had always considered Dadeland to be in Kendall.
(The King's Creek area is just a few blocks West of Dadeland Mall)

Do you mean the new Dadeland Village area?
I had been wondering about those nice new condos there,
but since I wasn't really sure about the costs and ease of parking, there etc, I didn't include them.
Are they pricey?
(Or were you thinking of other apartments or condos near Dadeland?)

I like to learn more from those that live here, too!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 09:16 PM

763 posts, read 3,532,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besitomio View Post

but since I wasn't really sure about the costs and ease of parking, there etc, I didn't include them.
Are they pricey?

Thanks!
Dadeland is in Kendall's far east extremity and it's IMO Kendall's best place, as it's close to so many good places (Dadeland Mall, all the shopping places north on US-1, Metrorail, Coral Gables, Downtown Miami, etc.) To be honest, I don't know what prices are like in the residential towers in Dadeland, and I assume most of them are condos.

In terms of ease of parking, all the towers have parking garages and since there are 2 Metrorail stations in Dadeland alone, you don't even have to drive if you're going somewhere else by a Metro station. The area is safe, growing and very, very nice. The area has become a very nice pedestrian-friendly area with a lot of on-ground retail and restaurants. Plus, you have Dadeland Mall across the street, if that isn't enough lol.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:16 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,645,432 times
My friend has been renting a condo for about five years in the Ledges complex on SW 72nd Ave just around the corner from Dadeland Station and Dadeland mall. It's a nice area, the condos are really apartments converted to condos and since they're privately owned the interiors will vary. His condo is rather outdated and the noise level is what you would find in any other apartment complex (not condo quality), but the price was right and he enjoys it there. The bad side of that complex is the very limited visitor and resident parking. Most units get only one (maybe two for larger units) assigned parking space. Visitor parking is VERY limited, and if you can't find a place in the lot there really is nowhere else to park.

To me, all the apartments around Dadeland tout walkability to the mall and shops, but the roads in the area are definitely NOT pedestrian friendly unless you are staying in one block of shops. Kendall Drive and US-1 are definitely not streets that were made for people to walk across. Now that the condos are there, have the built any pedestrian bridges? I would think this would be necessary.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:00 PM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besitomio View Post

Are they pricey?

Thanks!
I had lived in these new buildings ( Downtown Dadeland condo ) right across Dadeland Mall on N Kendall Dr. The rent is about $1,325-$1,675 for a 1br/1ba and $1,700-$2,500 for a 2br/2ba. The buildings are very well kept and is really nice to live there. The condominium have free Basic Cable TV and high-speed Internet available.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:21 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,026,948 times
Thank you for the info, Kevin and Jacob!

Old 04-13-2008, 02:50 PM

15 posts, read 70,248 times
I was looking for an apartment as well in Kendall. I am from Fort Lauderdale and will be moving to work at Baptist. So I wanted somewhere close to where I will be working. I found a lot on Kendall Drive which were not too bad. I forgot the name of this complex...Waterford Landing (i think) on Kendall Drive is a decent complex. I ended up renting a condo from someone by signing a one year lease. I found A LOT of condos for rent on craigslist.com...Realtors post for people that want to rent and they are pretty good with helping you get what you want by asking a few questions. I don't want to buy either because I don't know if I will like it . Hope this helps....good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami