Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 10:40 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfenn006 View Post
Funny, because the first time my relative visited the visa process took multiple months on hold and they asked for "more evidence" of travel plans and intent to return. After submitting a ROUND TRIP booking three months out, the visa was approved that very week. Nothing about employment, family ties, destinations, addresses, reason for travel was further scrutinized or questioned past that point.
Nice and all, but fact is a plane ticket does not provide any proof a person intends to return, and is not even asked for nor care about during the visa application.

Anyone and their brother can book a round trip ticket, that does not mean intent to return, if it was that easy, most of the world would be booking round trip tickets and going to the US. I mean why would someone pay a smuggler thousands of dollars to sneak into the US, when all they needed to do is book a round trip ticket?

I never heard of any consular office "putting on hold" the application to allow an applicant to collect more evidence. Not saying it does not happen, but it would be rare. I see it common enough for immigrant visas, but not tourist visas.

Quote:
The second and third visitors from there submitted round trip bookings with the same exact information and no questions asked, no hold up, visas issued promptly.
Well of course, it is like getting your first professional career job, once you get your foot in the door, it becomes easier after.

Quote:
Of course they are going to tell you not to book travel plans before they issue a visa because not all flights are refundable and they open themselves up for legal issues if and error can be proved, but saying they dismiss a round trip when considering intent to return with all other provided evidence does not hold water, sorry.
Has nothing to do with liability, it has to do with them being nice and advising that you might be wasting your money, and that they do not take such bookings into consideration.

A round trip ticket does not prove intent to return, or you seriously think someone who intends to stay illegibly in the US, will magically be swayed that they have a round trip ticket and think "goodness, I better return back to my country since I have this ticket back!"

Quote:
I've experienced this exact situation when applying to travel to Brazil, and their process mirrors the US tourist visa process. Round trip booking fixed that problem as I knew it would. I only didn't initially because my employer was flip flopping on the time I could take off and didn't want to get into 30 day refund waiting at the time. Now most booking agencies and airlines have friendlier cancellation or rescheduling policies, makes no sense not to do it anymore.
Never been to brazil, so cannot comment on thier system.

Quote:
If you have people waiting 10 years to visit, they or you are doing something really wrong or shady to set off the alarms, or your are just exaggerating or lying to make a point.
Nope, has nothing to do with they are doing something wrong or shady. fact is different countries have varying degree of tourist visas granted for varying reasons. A lot of this depends on the over stay rate. The higher the rate, the more scrutinized applicants will be. For countries with higher rates, a person either needs to be married with a kid, or old, to get a tourist visa granted. I have an immediate relative that was never granted a tourist visa over the course of ten years, yet her immigrant visa was finally granted and she came to the US, lol. That is just how absurd the system is. But she was young and single, and her job as a teacher was not very convincing that she would return from the US I guess. however, her mom was granted a tourist visa several times and never had an issue.

Then there are political issues that impact the guidance the consular officers follow in their scrutinizing of visas for this "evidence of return". Some places will basically rubber stamp, others will want evidence of home ownership, marriage documents, letter from employer, etc.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:26 AM

786 posts, read 626,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Nice and all, but fact is a plane ticket does not provide any proof a person intends to return, and is not even asked for nor care about during the visa application.

Anyone and their brother can book a round trip ticket, that does not mean intent to return, if it was that easy, most of the world would be booking round trip tickets and going to the US. I mean why would someone pay a smuggler thousands of dollars to sneak into the US, when all they needed to do is book a round trip ticket?

I never heard of any consular office "putting on hold" the application to allow an applicant to collect more evidence. Not saying it does not happen, but it would be rare. I see it common enough for immigrant visas, but not tourist visas.

Well of course, it is like getting your first professional career job, once you get your foot in the door, it becomes easier after.

Has nothing to do with liability, it has to do with them being nice and advising that you might be wasting your money, and that they do not take such bookings into consideration.

A round trip ticket does not prove intent to return, or you seriously think someone who intends to stay illegibly in the US, will magically be swayed that they have a round trip ticket and think "goodness, I better return back to my country since I have this ticket back!"

Never been to brazil, so cannot comment on thier system.

Nope, has nothing to do with they are doing something wrong or shady. fact is different countries have varying degree of tourist visas granted for varying reasons. A lot of this depends on the over stay rate. The higher the rate, the more scrutinized applicants will be. For countries with higher rates, a person either needs to be married with a kid, or old, to get a tourist visa granted. I have an immediate relative that was never granted a tourist visa over the course of ten years, yet her immigrant visa was finally granted and she came to the US, lol. That is just how absurd the system is. But she was young and single, and her job as a teacher was not very convincing that she would return from the US I guess. however, her mom was granted a tourist visa several times and never had an issue.

Then there are political issues that impact the guidance the consular officers follow in their scrutinizing of visas for this "evidence of return". Some places will basically rubber stamp, others will want evidence of home ownership, marriage documents, letter from employer, etc.

Make it about whatever issue you want. Bottom like is its very hard to take anything you say about the visa process seriously when you admittedly failed in the process, and yes waiting over 10 years for a tourist visa is failing... because of being a Renter??? Stem Cells??? Having Kids??? Visa Lottery??? A whole lot of stories here.

Its nice they could make it here on an "Immigrant Visa" after 10 years of tryingvand failing to get permission to visit. You cant even ifentify the type of visa you are talking about, K1? K3? Student? Refugee?

Old 05-03-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Make it about whatever issue you want. Bottom like is its very hard to take anything you say about the visa process seriously when you admittedly failed in the process, and yes waiting over 10 years for a tourist visa is failing... because of being a Renter??? Stem Cells??? Having Kids??? Visa Lottery??? A whole lot of stories here.
What are you talking about?

I have never applied for a tourist visa, I immigrated to the US decades ago and I am a US citizen, lol. A close relative is the one who got denied a tourist visa, but was finally granted an immigrant visa. She could never "show proof of return" for the tourist visa.

Usually if you have kids or own property, it gives a person a better chance of being approved for a visa, because they feel this would better the chances a person will return, and yes, they will often not allow you to take your kids with you, or if married, only one parent will be granted a visa and not the other.

The rest of your post makes no sense, sorry, I just am not following. I gave the stem cell story as an example of how ruthless it can be to get a visa.

Here is a link to a site that shows the refusal rates: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam...Rates/FY19.pdf

You will see for Brazil, it is 18% that get refused a visa. Ukraine where my relatives are, it is 45%, lol.

Quote:
Its nice they could make it here on an "Immigrant Visa" after 10 years of tryingvand failing to get permission to visit. You cant even ifentify the type of visa you are talking about, K1? K3? Student? Refugee?
I have constantly referred to it as a "tourist visa", which is what it is commonly called, but it is a visitor visa, B2. This is kind of common lingo, so can tell you have about zero experience in this.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about?

I have never applied for a tourist visa, I immigrated to the US decades ago and I am a US citizen, lol. A close relative is the one who got denied a tourist visa, but was finally granted an immigrant visa. She could never "show proof of return" for the tourist visa.

Usually if you have kids or own property, it gives a person a better chance of being approved for a visa, because they feel this would better the chances a person will return, and yes, they will often not allow you to take your kids with you, or if married, only one parent will be granted a visa and not the other.

The rest of your post makes no sense, sorry, I just am not following. I gave the stem cell story as an example of how ruthless it can be to get a visa.

Here is a link to a site that shows the refusal rates: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam...Rates/FY19.pdf

You will see for Brazil, it is 18% that get refused a visa. Ukraine where my relatives are, it is 45%, lol.

I have constantly referred to it as a "tourist visa", which is what it is commonly called, but it is a visitor visa, B2. This is kind of common lingo, so can tell you have about zero experience in this.

Reread your past comment, then google "Immigrant Visa." Because that what you were saying. You are clearly as confused about the process as your relatives waiting a decade to travel.

Keep crying about the plight of white Europeans in the US Immigration and Visa process all you want. Nobody was buying it before, and Im done entertaining now. I got enough stories from you to know you are either lying or have no idea what you are talking about.

45% refusal you say... think that has anything to do with Russian (CONTENTIOUS RELATIONS WITH US) involvement in the Ukraine??? I kind of mentioned tat much eariler Good Day.

Old 05-03-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Reread your past comment, then google "Immigrant Visa." Because that what you were saying. You are clearly as confused about the process as your relatives waiting a decade to travel.
No, you are the one that seems confused.

Quote:
Keep crying about the plight of white Europeans in the US Immigration and Visa process all you want. Nobody was buying it before, and Im done entertaining now. I got enough stories from you to know you are either lying or have no idea what you are talking about.
Lol, now we get to the real reason you are being obtuse, it is because you are a racists, got it.

I pointed out facts, and you hate that it counters what you wish was really happening.

Quote:
45% refusal you say... think that has anything to do with Russian (CONTENTIOUS RELATIONS WITH US) involvement in the Ukraine??? I kind of mentioned tat much eariler Good Day.
Again, seems your reading skills and comprehension are lacking, at no point did I ever mention "Russia". Russia has a mere 15% rejection rate, sort of counters your false narrative.

You have clearly demonstrated you are not only a bigot, but have no idea what you are talking about, along with rather poor English reading and comprehension skills.

Have a good day.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
No, you are the one that seems confused.

Lol, now we get to the real reason you are being obtuse, it is because you are a racists, got it.

I pointed out facts, and you hate that it counters what you wish was really happening.

Again, seems your reading skills and comprehension are lacking, at no point did I ever mention "Russia". Russia has a mere 15% rejection rate, sort of counters your false narrative.

You have clearly demonstrated you are not only a bigot, but have no idea what you are talking about, along with rather poor English reading and comprehension skills.

Have a good day.

So anyone who disagrees with you and points out inconsistencies in your fairy tales and flat out ignorance on a situation is a racist and bigot... Got It.

Russian visas getting approved in higher rate than Ukrainian simply means the applicants are being being vetted more efficiently and most likely are more more upfront on their applications.... Maybe knowing your state is at odds with the state you are tring to enter compels you to provide all requested documentation plus additiinal evidence like RETURN FLIGHT BOOKINGS and other useful evidence speeds things along and increases that approval rate... Maybe not entering the US with Stem Cells anywhere on their application helps that aporoval rate too LOL.

You clearly have a lot to learn and growing up to do. Good luck with all that. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:46 PM

Quote:
So anyone who disagrees with you and points out inconsistencies in your fairy tales and flat out ignorance on a situation is a racist and bigot... Got It.
Lol, you are playing obtuse because I destroyed your narrative that white Europeans somehow have it easy compared to others due to race and location. I pointed out this is not true and you hate it.

Quote:
Russian visas getting approved in higher rate than Ukrainian simply means the applicants are being being vetted more efficiently and most likely are more more upfront on their applications.... Maybe knowing your state is at odds with the state you are tring to enter compels you to provide all requested documentation plus additiinal evidence like RETURN FLIGHT BOOKINGS and other useful evidence speeds things along and increases that approval rate... Maybe not entering the US with Stem Cells anywhere on their application helps that aporoval rate too LOL.
Once again demonstrating your lack of knowledge and reading skills, lol. Why you keep bring Russia into this? Reading comprehension issues?

Return flight is not evidence of intent to return (I literally provided the reference from the State Department to you, seems you are not capable of such English proficiency to understand it), if it was that easy, then there would be no denied rates. Fact is, denial rates are based a little on politics, but a lot on visa over stay rates. If all was needed was a return ticket, then we would not have millions of illegals crossing the border illegally, they would simply pay a few bucks for a round trip and get legal entry into the US.

Quote:
You clearly have a lot to learn and growing up to do. Good luck with all that. Thanks for the laugh.
You need to brush up on your English language proficiency, but thanks for the laughs, you are like talking to a five year old.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Lol, you are playing obtuse because I destroyed your narrative that white Europeans somehow have it easy compared to others due to race and location. I pointed out this is not true and you hate it.

Once again demonstrating your lack of knowledge and reading skills, lol. Why you keep bring Russia into this? Reading comprehension issues?

Return flight is not evidence of intent to return (I literally provided the reference from the State Department to you, seems you are not capable of such English proficiency to understand it), if it was that easy, then there would be no denied rates. Fact is, denial rates are based a little on politics, but a lot on visa over stay rates. If all was needed was a return ticket, then we would not have millions of illegals crossing the border illegally, they would simply pay a few bucks for a round trip and get legal entry into the US.

You need to brush up on your English language proficiency, but thanks for the laughs, you are like talking to a five year old.

LOL. Ok then. Try to have a nice day in spite of all of my hateful attacks against you and your people, wherever you imagined that from. I'll let you rage in peace.

My family and I continue to send in our round trip bookings with our visa applications and wait 3 to 5 months ... not 10 years and blame politics, stem cells and any other perceived injustice that fits my victimized narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: