Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:30 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times

Advertisements

Yes that is roughing it for some. I know it sounds funny. MacWife when they were driving cars in the 100k+ and had other expensive cars in the garage at the same time, and don't now. I have say they are cutting back too, not living their lifestyle they did a few years ago. Everyone is hurting to some degree or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 01:40 PM

100 posts, read 503,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Yes that is roughing it for some. I know it sounds funny. MacWife when they were driving cars in the 100k+ and had other expensive cars in the garage at the same time, and don't now. I have say they are cutting back too, not living their lifestyle they did a few years ago. Everyone is hurting to some degree or another.
Doggie, I'm curious, what in the heck do those people do for a living anyhow, to be able to at one time afford the $ 100 K vehicles? That's part of the great "Miami mystery" to me.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:41 PM

385 posts, read 1,891,730 times
going from "rich as ****" to "rich" doesn't qualify as struggle to me

Old 06-12-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblanco22 View Post
Doggie, I'm curious, what in the heck do those people do for a living anyhow, to be able to at one time afford the $ 100 K vehicles? That's part of the great "Miami mystery" to me.
I have a friend that is friends with someone that owns a few chiroprater (sp????) offices. That allows him to own one of those crazy 400k I think Mercedes. As a Chiroprator??????

Old 06-12-2008, 03:36 PM

76 posts, read 330,264 times
See I love the people who drive this niceee cars but in the long run all it does is LOSE its value. IF you can afford to do it and throw it away like it is nothing then ok! BUT if you do it to make it so you can look good and not be smart and invest your money then you are the fool who will suffer or just not live as best at you should be with what you have or make. Now if a car is your love then all power to ya. My Aunt makes 250,000 a year and has a Honda and a Corvette which they are getting rid of cause it sits in a Garage. Now she always said you know I could get a nice car but cars aren't for me I don't care about them so instead she has a condo in Hawaii. So I won't knock someones situation if they can do it but if you are talking about Down grading to a E Class Mercedes and act as if that is pain then omg lol. Yeah that is suffering. No Suffering is the single mothers who are barely making it to feed there children. I love the saying I heard when I first got to Miami was If you have a Land Rover and have a Land Lord I think there is a problem.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBoy123 View Post
I love the saying I heard when I first got to Miami was If you have a Land Rover and have a Land Lord I think there is a problem.
Thats great! Its so Miami. THe thing I have notice is the people with old money don't show it. But the people with new money are the ones who are flashy.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:27 PM

9 posts, read 40,580 times
It is tough living in South Florida. With health insurance, homeowners insurance, property taxes, gas for your car, that all adds up. We moved from Miami 2 years ago, which was at the tail end of the decent real estate market where we were able to make a profit on our home. We now live in Austin TX where the weather is similar, there is no blatent language barriers, better quality of life whereas in Miami you are stuck in traffic for an hour just to travel 9 miles to work and the bang for the buck houses you can get here in Austin is amazing. We go back to Miami to visit often and always enjoy the huslte and bustle and the food is outstanding but after a week in Miami we are ready to go home. Also, we always leave nice tips for the hardworking people in Miami, we know it is tough to live there.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:19 PM

76 posts, read 330,264 times
Yes I agree I think it is the new Generation or whatever. Sad Sad Sad but oh well. Live and Learn. :-)

Old 06-12-2008, 07:08 PM

670 posts, read 1,743,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcblanco22 View Post
If you wanna hang out youve got to take her out; cocaine.
If you wanna get down, down on the ground; cocaine.
She dont lie, she dont lie, she dont lie; cocaine.

If you got bad news, you wanna kick them blues; cocaine.
When your day is done and you wanna run; cocaine.

If your thing is gone and you wanna ride on; cocaine.
Dont forget this fact, you cant get it back; cocaine.

_

Old 06-12-2008, 08:32 PM

jbrava - to funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami