Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:22 AM

83 posts, read 326,300 times

Advertisements

Miami Lakes area - My 13 year old calls me from school at 9:55am not feeling well. I left work, picked him up and dropped him off at home with my collage son. My collage son leaves to work at 11:30am and soon after my 13 year calls me at work that there are people trying to brake in the house. They tried to get in doors but the dogs did not allow them. They jumped the fence which is about 6 feet high and into the back yard. They were rpobably the same men that robbed us a few weeks ago and took our generator and a new lawn mower. My son said one of my dogs bit one of them. Just goes to show crime is everywhere. I am home now waiting for the detectives to take finger prints. I parked my car a block away and there are no cars on my drive way. I wish they would come back while I am here all alone, I have a bat, a sword and a small pocket knife waiting for them. What kind of life is this? Four more months and I am out of Miami for good. To all who are thinking of relocating down here think again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 AM

929 posts, read 1,158,978 times
geez
you need to send your kid to some firearms classes

Old 01-26-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
geez
you need to send your kid to some firearms classes
I wish I could...

We can't even leave our kids that are old enough to stay home alone for a few hours without haveing the ghetto people trying to steal from the hard working people.. I hate guns, so firearms are out and I have to work to pay bills, you know how that goes. This place is getting bad...Ghetto people are moveing to the good area and takeing from the good people.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:03 PM

929 posts, read 1,158,978 times
then at least put up a sign implying you have either a mean dog or a big gun
remember we have the stand your ground law here

Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 PM

Default The detectives found one print

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
then at least put up a sign implying you have either a mean dog or a big gun
remember we have the stand your ground law here
They found one print, I hope they get caught.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:32 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyg View Post
... I wish they would come back while I am here all alone, I have a bat, a sword and a small pocket knife waiting for them...
Wow! You protect your property with a sword!?! That is so...medieval.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:40 PM

56 posts, read 253,831 times
Quote:
I wish I could...

We can't even leave our kids that are old enough to stay home alone for a few hours without haveing the ghetto people trying to steal from the hard working people.. I hate guns, so firearms are out and I have to work to pay bills, you know how that goes. This place is getting bad...Ghetto people are moveing to the good area and takeing from the good people.

ghetto people?I rember living in hialeah and there is bars on everything.Just another cultural difference you gotta accept if you live there.or un do the wet foot dry foot act.But hey that wouldnt be pc .pc is ruining our country.
SORRY about YOUR HOUSE
but you should get a gun and learn to shoot it.Rember in all 50 states there own courts have handed down time and time again the same judgment,,the goverment does not have the responsibilty to protect its citzens..rember why the 14 th add. was added.(like they had to spell it out ,the 2nd was already there)?
Good luck
maybe you should take culture makeup into mind on deciding where to move>

Old 01-26-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
Wow! You protect your property with a sword!?! That is so...medieval.
I just got this sword a few weeks ago in Gatlinburg as a gift for my son who collects them. The sword was not bought for protection purposes but I guess it is now.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:54 PM

56 posts, read 253,831 times
Quote:
I just got this sword a few weeks ago in Gatlinburg as a gift for my son who collects them. The sword was not bought for protection purposes but I guess it is now.
lady i really feel sorry for you .you seem real nice just misdirected.
how does it go ??Just like a m?????n to bring a sword to a gunfight?
Get real you are in ML and you refuse to buy a gun.The crooks are coming back cause they know you wont stop them...
I really hope you wake up before anyone in your family gets hurt..

Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Buying a Gun. Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christa17 View Post
lady i really feel sorry for you .you seem real nice just misdirected.
how does it go ??Just like a m?????n to bring a sword to a gunfight?
Get real you are in ML and you refuse to buy a gun.The crooks are coming back cause they know you wont stop them...
I really hope you wake up before anyone in your family gets hurt..
Your probably right, a gun is needed. I think that if I have a gun and if I bring it out, it will have to be used or it will be used on me. But I don't want anyone to gt hurt in my family or my neighbors..I'll see if I can get one today. Wow, this is so strange and so real. Thanks for the wake up call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami