Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:38 PM

118 posts, read 220,975 times

Advertisements

how bad is it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 04:20 PM

149 posts, read 563,019 times
The WORST! Its two types of drivers:

1: 45 in a 65
2. 95 in a 65

Bad Combination. Normal drivers become odd man (or woman) out. You can't pass the 45 in a 65 because you'll end up cutting off the 95 in a 65. As a result people get MAD!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,767,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
The WORST! Its two types of drivers:

1: 45 in a 65
2. 95 in a 65

Bad Combination. Normal drivers become odd man (or woman) out. You can't pass the 45 in a 65 because you'll end up cutting off the 95 in a 65. As a result people get MAD!!!!
Well put. Many people here learned how to drive in 3rd world countries. That brings up another interesting point - Miami has a lot of middle aged people, especially women, going to drivers ED. That's probably because they never learned to drive (or had a mule instead of a car) before they came here...

Old 09-30-2008, 01:08 PM

22,356 posts, read 29,481,224 times
I thought they rode donkeys???

Old 09-30-2008, 05:32 PM

534 posts, read 2,409,836 times
Driving here is very stressful. I always thought I simply hated driving, until I started traveling so much. Now i realize I only hate driving here. There are some other places (orlando) that are the same, but not quite as bad. I think It's a general lack of respect for each other that drives people to do the things they do behind the wheel of a car down here.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:46 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,477,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha man View Post
how bad is it
The drivers in South Florida are pretty bad, and sometimes I am guilty of it too. I have a great story about an experience I had on the 826.

It was a Thursday or Friday night 6 pm (rush hour), we were on the 826 Expressway (construction on this highway at the time) heading north, just north of Bird Road in the far left lane going about 60mph. Not sure what the next exit is but it was the last exit before the 836 that was open at the time due to construction (next exit or two were closed) A vehicle three or four cars ahead of us saw the sign as we were passing the exit, "This is the last exit before the 836". They slammed on their breaks and turned around to go back to the exit, so they were heading southbound (on the northbound lanes) crossing (stopping all lanes of traffic) all 4-6 lanes on the expressway to get to the last exit. I am surprised there wasn't a major accident as all lanes of traffic at 6pm watched this driver, drive southbound on the northbound lanes of the 826. That was one of our great Miami drivers.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:05 PM

392 posts, read 1,262,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
The drivers in South Florida are pretty bad, and sometimes I am guilty of it too. I have a great story about an experience I had on the 826.

It was a Thursday or Friday night 6 pm (rush hour), we were on the 826 Expressway (construction on this highway at the time) heading north, just north of Bird Road in the far left lane going about 60mph. Not sure what the next exit is but it was the last exit before the 836 that was open at the time due to construction (next exit or two were closed) A vehicle three or four cars ahead of us saw the sign as we were passing the exit, "This is the last exit before the 836". They slammed on their breaks and turned around to go back to the exit, so they were heading southbound (on the northbound lanes) crossing (stopping all lanes of traffic) all 4-6 lanes on the expressway to get to the last exit. I am surprised there wasn't a major accident as all lanes of traffic at 6pm watched this driver, drive southbound on the northbound lanes of the 826. That was one of our great Miami drivers.
That's about right for South Florida......

I wouldn't expect anything less.

You're just not cool if don't pull a wild stunt on 95, 826, 836, 112, turn pike

Old 09-30-2008, 07:13 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,635,626 times
I don't see what all the fuss is about. I have lived in FL all my life (except now) and go to Miami all the time. Although I am not a licensed driver, I observe the road and the cars and I never see road rage. We have a pretty smooth ride. Except for when we go that big flea market.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:42 PM

534 posts, read 2,409,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't see what all the fuss is about. I have lived in FL all my life (except now) and go to Miami all the time. Although I am not a licensed driver, I observe the road and the cars and I never see road rage. We have a pretty smooth ride. Except for when we go that big flea market.
Well you would of course be right at home with all the other unlicensed drivers!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,635,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbugmiami View Post
Well you would of course be right at home with all the other unlicensed drivers!
Nooooooooooo. We don't live there!! We go occasionally and I'm in the car and observe everything and what I see is a smooth sailing ride. Yes, when you get downtown, there's traffic jams but not dangerous stark-raving drivers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami