Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 02:48 PM

152 posts, read 572,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnnino View Post
Nothing other than I was born and raised there ... don't live there anymore but still get down there from time to time . Where do you live in Beverly Hills or The Hamptons .... you seen like a classy , upscale , well read , educated person ... who would never be caught dead in Miami , much less wasting your precious time posting about Miami .

Wow , just realized I was born in a dumpster .. sad !!
That's why I'm leaving this weekend!! I don't care what you think!! Miami is a Banana-Republic!! One very good friend of mine, who by the way is cuban, told me a couple of days ago: "Miami es una tremenda pinga! Es simplemente Cuba con comida!". And that is a cuban who says it!!! No more words needed!!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:00 PM

201 posts, read 983,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabry76 View Post
That's why I'm leaving this weekend!! I don't care what you think!! Miami is a Banana-Republic!! One very good friend of mine, who by the way is cuban, told me a couple of days ago: "Miami es una tremenda pinga! Es simplemente Cuba con comida!". And that is a cuban who says it!!! No more words needed!!
Ok , good bye and good luck , hope you find eternal happiness , mirth and pleasure ..... "Adios y no dejes que la puerta te pegue en el culo " as good friends of mine who are Miami Cubans tend to say !!

By the way it is a Banana Republic in many aspects , I cannot argue that ... I just do not have the pathological hatred towards Miami that other losers on this forum have for it !!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:06 PM

152 posts, read 572,316 times
Quote:
By the way it is a Banana Republic in many aspects , I cannot argue that ... I just do not have the pathological hatred towards Miami that other losers on this forum have for it !!
Just because you don't live here!! I had no hatred against this city either before moving here!! Then life events brought me here, and I hated it ever since!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:11 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
I remember reading the posts when Shores9 said that he was taking a break from CD forums- I haven't checked that thread in a while, but when I did read it, there were multiple posts asking him to reconsider.

This is an interesting thread. Not one single person asked nothingman to reconsider leaving this site. Wow, that's sad. Guess his screen name says it all.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:15 PM

201 posts, read 983,293 times
Quote:
Just because you don't live here!! I had no hatred against this city either before moving here!! Then life events brought me here, and I hated it ever since!

I would hate Miami as well if I lived in a motel on Calle Ocho !!!

Bon Voyage !!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:03 PM

113 posts, read 469,037 times
I'll miss nothingman's posts.. I thought he bought a real dose of reality to all these Miami-fanboys. Especially coming from a foreigners prospective.

I was born in North Florida, but have lived in the better areas of Miami (Key Biscayne, Aventura, Sunny Isles Beach) over the past 7 years and I can't take any more.... Even living in the best areas this place sucks. And this is with "LEGALLY" making enough money to live very comfortable lifestyle that most can't afford. Taking the boat out on the weekends fishing or snokeling/diving in Pennekamp will be dearly missed. But Miami is like dating a stripper. Its just not worth all the money and headaches.

Thats why I'm leaving in May.

And I agree, Miami is a Banana Republic, full of uneducated (Miami-Dade has a 45% High School Graduation rate), rude and corrupt people.

Almost everyone we meet down here has some sort of seedy backstory that you eventually uncover like a Dateline NBC special. At some point you can't ignore the overwhelming evidence from all facets of life down here, enter Nothingman, Tallrick, etc......

And for those flower power posters who think the handful of chronic Miami haters is whats causing the problem in here....Get real, even if Nothingman, Tallrick, CiXel dissappear..... There'll be many more cropping up, problem is they cant afford Internet right now

Good luck Nothingman, hope you're able to move and live in a REAL American city someday.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:14 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
I really question how many posters actually LIVE here...because if you deal with people, work here, play here and interact with society in Miami...you will be able to tell that negativity rules in South Florida, especially Miami. Most posts that are considered negative (as opposed to reality) are echos of what people say offline in the community. The people who consistenly post about the glamour of Miami are definantly the vocal minority, and do not represent the MAJORITY of the area.

Nothingam, I do wish you would re-consider leaving. Your posts shed light and give me a chuckle on otherwise daily rat race problems. You also have a knack for phrasing problems that are hard to put a finger on. In any event, I want you to know, I always have enjoyed your posts.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:40 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
And that is such a lovely way to describe it and better yet, to have you repeat it here. I wonder if the mods will get a translator for that one.
I don't know about other nationalities but for Cubans, you'd get your head chopped off if you say that to a Cuban man. If you say it to a woman, to me for instance, you'll be one sorry azz!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Ok , good bye and good luck , hope you find eternal happiness , mirth and pleasure ..... "Adios y no dejes que la puerta te pegue en el culo " as good friends of mine who are Miami Cubans tend to say !!

And I would add.. Y nunca mires hacia atras.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I remember reading the posts when Shores9 said that he was taking a break from CD forums- I haven't checked that thread in a while, but when I did read it, there were multiple posts asking him to reconsider.

This is an interesting thread. Not one single person asked nothingman to reconsider leaving this site. Wow, that's sad. Guess his screen name says it all.
You know hereinfla... the first time I saw that screenname, I immediately had bad vibes and I was going to make some smart azz comment, but decided to wait and see. He did live up to my vibes and managed to turn some of the other "luke-warm" Miami bashers here into beasts.

It's amazing what a chain reaction, and what purpose did it serve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami