Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:57 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
thats true. another nationality COULD pull a gun on me but because almost no other nationality lives down here the odds of it being a cuban are pretty high.
its a matter of odds, not a matter of race.

Cuban is not a race CiXel. Get with the program puh-leese.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas_flow View Post
yeah cixel....stop hating racist!!!!!!

TEAM METRO

You sound like you will be going back into hiding rather swiftly.
We do not need to add more coal to the fire here.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:07 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
i know its not a race, its a culture. it just sucks being around so many terrible examples. btw i deleted my inflammatory remarks to attempt to respect the moderator.
all those latin people who dont want us americans here. what are they going to say when they drive all the businesses out as it spreads by word of mouth what a terrible place to live and how terrible the work ethic is here?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
i know its not a race, its a culture. it just sucks being around so many terrible examples. btw i deleted my inflammatory remarks to attempt to respect the moderator.
all those latin people who dont want us americans here. what are they going to say when they drive all the businesses out as it spreads by word of mouth what a terrible place to live and how terrible the work ethic is here?
Look I do not want to turn this into an argument. Cuban is not a culture either. It's a nationality. You come from a particular country. Just like being Greek, Russian, Chinese, Arab, whatever. If you are from Spain, you're a Spaniard, not Spanish. Get it???

There are too many big and small Cuban-owned businesses to worry about losing out. And because we do happen to speak Spanish, we have all of Latin America and many European countries that will do business with those who speak their language. I wouldn't worry about it.
Besides, since everyone here is so well informed, bilingualism is an asset. And more and more businesses will require Spanish. It is not illegal. American companies WANT people who speak Spanish. Some want any other 2nd language.

It's supply and demand. Very simple.

If the position/company's needs require someone that speaks Spanish, they are within their rights to do so. Look at some other states' job listings. It's not just a Miami or Florida "thing".

Old 03-27-2007, 07:36 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
VPcats

I know you are around the same stuff I complain about and that you live here....

But you should see where the negative posts are coming from, you know how people talk bad about Miami all across ethnic lines, Spanish and English...
that is undeniable. Last post wasn't meant for you, nor is what I will continue writing next paragraphs...

I think it is sad that posters are upset that people continue to post about Miami, whether it be positive or negative, and have hijacked the forum into personal attacks and telling people to leave and take their negativity. People have a right to respond to comments, be positive or negative and share their respective viewpoints. If you don't like them, you don't have to read them, or you can respond and give yours. The whole kicking people out and being grateful they are gone is just so pointless, that is what the forum is for, a debate. Not to call people negative when they bring up valid points. In any event, I see that people prefer to make personal attacks than acknowledge the problems.

I started a neighborhood watch campaing, have planted trees in the neighborhood, have helped elderly neighbors, tried to save a local park...so I have tried to make a difference. I think all of these attacks on people sharing their viewpoints is very sad and shows exactly what people are griping about.
I hope some people will start to think about the negativity they have seen on here, realize it represents life in the community to a large extent, and realize that some people are fortunate to live in cocoons. Understand that the rest of us do not have that ability, which explains why so many people are "negative" here.

Let's try to focus on Miami and it's issues and aspects, and not perceptions of a poster's happiness or what they should do with their life.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
VPcats

I know you are around the same stuff I complain about and that you live here....

But you should see where the negative posts are coming from, you know how people talk bad about Miami all across ethnic lines, Spanish and English...
that is undeniable. Last post wasn't meant for you, nor is what I will continue writing next paragraphs...

I think it is sad that posters are upset that people continue to post about Miami, whether it be positive or negative, and have hijacked the forum into personal attacks and telling people to leave and take their negativity. People have a right to respond to comments, be positive or negative and share their respective viewpoints. If you don't like them, you don't have to read them, or you can respond and give yours. The whole kicking people out and being grateful they are gone is just so pointless, that is what the forum is for, a debate. Not to call people negative when they bring up valid points. In any event, I see that people prefer to make personal attacks than acknowledge the problems.

I started a neighborhood watch campaing, have planted trees in the neighborhood, have helped elderly neighbors, tried to save a local park...so I have tried to make a difference. I think all of these attacks on people sharing their viewpoints is very sad and shows exactly what people are griping about.
I hope some people will start to think about the negativity they have seen on here, realize it represents life in the community to a large extent, and realize that some people are fortunate to live in cocoons. Understand that the rest of us do not have that ability, which explains why so many people are "negative" here.

Let's try to focus on Miami and it's issues and aspects, and not perceptions of a poster's happiness or what they should do with their life.

I have no problem with anyone giving their side of the story if they do it objectively and respectfully. All of us have gripes about one thing or another. What I can't stand is the same, constant belligerency and accusations about any one group, be it Cuban, black, chinese. It doesn't matter. We are all people. Mankind.

If some posters would express their views respectfully, I have no need to tell anybody off or tell anyone to get out. But when all I see is how they can't stand it here, wish death as a cure, and pick on every little inconvenience and make it a Miami only issue, or a Cuban only issue, I find that to be extreme arrogance and I do think that there is more to it than just your every day hard time. Many times I do wonder if there aren't some psychopathological tendencies in some of these posts.

If this group right here were in a executive brainstorming session to resolve a personnel issue for example, we'd be up the creek without a paddle. I have never seen such childish behavior from a supposedly self-proclaimed well-educated group of posters.

How many people does it take to change a lightbulb?

Chelito, you are one of the few here whom I have always considered a welcome opinion. You don't like a lot of things in Miami and you do voice your negative views at times, but I don't find you obnoxious. I could have a civilized conversation with you. Can't say the same for others.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
What an unbelievably ugly thread this is - I guess people reading this thread contemplating coming to Miami will get a taste of what the people are like here. Not referring to everyone, just some.

I hope the moderators delete the ugly Spanish phrases (yes, I understand Spanish, my ancestors settled this state!) and maybe lock this whole thread, I don't see anything helpful here.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
What an unbelievably ugly thread this is - I guess people reading this thread contemplating coming to Miami will get a taste of what the people are like here. Not referring to everyone, just some.

I hope the moderators delete the ugly Spanish phrases (yes, I understand Spanish, my ancestors settled this state!) and maybe lock this whole thread, I don't see anything helpful here.
Gypsychic... That's an interesting observation because this thread was started by someone I consider an instigator who has turned every Miami thread into his own personal hate vehicle.

Yes, I hope the mods do delete EVERYTHING. There is really no need for all the bickering but human nature sometimes makes you take a stand as a matter of principle.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:32 PM

201 posts, read 983,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Gypsychic... That's an interesting observation because this thread was started by someone I consider an instigator who has turned every Miami thread into his own personal hate vehicle.

Yes, I hope the mods do delete EVERYTHING. There is really no need for all the bickering but human nature sometimes makes you take a stand as a matter of principle.

I agree with VPCATS , I have never seen so much vile on a forum and I for one am out of this forum as nothing positive will come from further wasting my time here . I wish the moderator would just shut this forum down . VPCATS you seem like a good person , you should cease posting on this crap forum . I will no longer post and waste my time here ... good luck to the few decent people on this pointless venue .

Soooo long !!!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:22 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Wow, you think about stabbing someone who cuts in line at Subway and you think it's Latinos ruining Miami?! Yeah, as you say, that's why people have fought for this country- so that you can have first dibs on a submarine sandwich at any cost.

Just so you have your priorities straight.

Originally Posted by CiXeL
"when another latin guy tried to cut in line at subway a few days ago i was eyeballing the knife used to cut the sandwiches on the counter. fortunately i was able to block him out.
as far as confrontation though, i say bring it.
i am fully prepared to beat-down the next guy who cuts in line.
i will not be the typical american the latin people here expect to roll over everytime they do something mean and rude to us.
........... i think this falls in line with dying for your country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami