Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:55 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,295,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I actually like Pitbull's music, it's entertaining, but yeah I do not agree with him getting the key at all. He doesn't seem quite as dumb and clueless as most other rappers b/c he actually does form some coherent thoughts about some political issues, but overall I'm sure there are much better people to give the key to than him. Pretty embarrassing to the City of Miami and I can't believe the leaders there actually approved that. What about that Miami banker that gave $60 million to his employees?

p.s. to the OP, great username there. That's my favorite song.
Just wanted to say "thanks". It's my favorite Depeche Mode song, from my favorite Depeche Mode album by far (Violator).

Old 08-20-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead Shrike View Post
I agree that Pitbull wouldn't have been my choice but this country elected twice a president who was DUI. He had the keys to the country. Also, many with questionable morals have been kighted in England. Not just a Miami phenomenon.
Maybe you're referring to Elton John? The guy may have been a cokehead, but he paid his dues and is probably the 3rd most successful solo artist, after Madonna and the king of pop, the late, great Michael Jackson.

Pitbull doesn't have the prestige that Sir Elton has. He is a new artist who DUI'd recently and does not deserve the "key" to any damn city, IMO.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:22 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,611,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheSilence View Post
Maybe you're referring to Elton John? The guy may have been a cokehead, but he paid his dues and is probably the 3rd most successful solo artist, after Madonna and the king of pop, the late, great Michael Jackson.

Pitbull doesn't have the prestige that Sir Elton has. He is a new artist who DUI'd recently and does not deserve the "key" to any damn city, IMO.
Pitbull, Rick Ross, ETC are all coke heads/blow hounds... Just listen to some of their lyrics. They glamorize both the use and distribution of the drug.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:29 PM

199 posts, read 476,171 times
No, I wasn't thinking of Elton John. I think he is odd but a good artist. Don't really know of any of his scandals. Oh yeah, I do know a guy who "bedded" him :0

Old 08-20-2009, 07:34 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
Did you see one of the Commissioners said on the news last night "He (Pitbull) is everything about Miami." Wow, Ex Drug Dealer with a DUI gets a key to the city , and is everything Miami. Video (http://www.justnews.com/video/20471090/index.html - broken link)

Old 08-20-2009, 07:41 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,064,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Did you see one of the Commissioners said on the news last night "He (Pitbull) is everything about Miami." Wow, Ex Drug Dealer with a DUI gets a key to the city , and is everything Miami. Video (http://www.justnews.com/video/20471090/index.html - broken link)
"One, two, Three, Four"

Correction 2 DIUs

I loved the part where he said that 8 st was known for its carnival and now for the song... We're making progress "my friends"

Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
^^^Correction 1 DUI, he was acquitted on the other, so just 1 DUI on his rap sheet.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
LOL, everything about Miami indeed....a reckless driver, DUI and he's loud, crass, (wannabe) ghetto and obnoxious....yep, if that's what that particular Commissioner considers "everything about Miami", who am I to disagree?

Pitbull sucks more than Vanilla Ice, IMO.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:37 PM

976 posts, read 1,112,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I just like his music and that's about it, not a fan of that whole ghetto culture many of his fans seem to be into. Went to one of his shows at a club in SD a month or two ago, big mistake. Most of the people there sucked imo. Bunch of hot heads and trashy people, not my scene at all. I just hope not too much of Miami is like that since I hope to move there within the next few years.
Umm... I'd really re-think moving to Miami if you are not a fan of the Pitbull crowd where you saw the concert. Actually, I couldnt think of a worse place if those folks bother you. Jus' being honest.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:42 PM

976 posts, read 1,112,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
There's tons of intelligent political rap out there. Pitbull makes mindless club hits and does not fall into that category.
Wu Tang, Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Dead Prez, The Pharcyde, Jurassic 5, Dilated Peoples, etc... all much better in every way than the crap that "Pitbull" (name and music perfect fit for the location) puts out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami