Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:46 PM

976 posts, read 1,112,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Did you see one of the Commissioners said on the news last night "He (Pitbull) is everything about Miami." Wow, Ex Drug Dealer with a DUI gets a key to the city , and is everything Miami. Video (http://www.justnews.com/video/20471090/index.html - broken link)
That's really sad.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,870,471 times
trick daddy, gangsta shorties, and 2 live crew are all better than pitbul, all from miami to. pitbul is more club scene music thouh

Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheSilence View Post
Just wanted to say "thanks". It's my favorite Depeche Mode song, from my favorite Depeche Mode album by far (Violator).
no problem, saw them the other night in Anaheim and two weeks ago in NYC. Like always, they put on an amazing show. DM is my favorite band and you should definitely see them when they come to South Florida in Sept, if you haven't planned on it already of course.

Last edited by sav858; 08-21-2009 at 12:08 AM..

Old 08-21-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
Umm... I'd really re-think moving to Miami if you are not a fan of the Pitbull crowd where you saw the concert. Actually, I couldnt think of a worse place if those folks bother you. Jus' being honest.
Yeah, I rarely post in this forum but have read all the things, good and bad, people have mentioned about the people of Miami. Southern CA has some pretty bad and annoying stereotypes too and I think I can handle BS fairly well and deal with crap, so I'm hoping Miami can't be too bad for someone like me. I'll be there in November to check it out and see for myself, who knows, I may end up changing my mind.

Also after watching that video link, at least it seems like it was just that one bonehead commissioner giving out the key w/o anyone else approving it. Kind of ridiculous how one person can do that and embarrass and entire city. Funny how the mayor had no comment though.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:22 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yeah, I rarely post in this forum but have read all the things, good and bad, people have mentioned about the people of Miami. Southern CA has some pretty bad and annoying stereotypes too and I think I can handle BS fairly well and deal with crap, so I'm hoping Miami can't be too bad for someone like me. I'll be there in November to check it out and see for myself, who knows, I may end up changing my mind.

Also after watching that video link, at least it seems like it was just that one bonehead commissioner giving out the key w/o anyone else approving it. Kind of ridiculous how one person can do that and embarrass and entire city. Funny how the mayor had no comment though.
Don't worry from these people haha. "that pitbull crowd" Theres only 5 million people in the Miami area -- it MUST be all of them, or maybe it is because they are difrn' and speak spanish. Come on down, give it a shot and i guarantee that you'll say.. what the hell were these people talking about?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Don't worry from these people haha. "that pitbull crowd" Theres only 5 million people in the Miami area -- it MUST be all of them, or maybe it is because they are difrn' and speak spanish. Come on down, give it a shot and i guarantee that you'll say.. what the hell were these people talking about?
Thanks, I take what people say on C-D with a grain of salt and have an open mind. I'm not gonna judge Miami until I see it for myself. As long as I can find some people relate to I can deal with the rest.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:39 AM

47 posts, read 44,501 times
SavDon't worry about comments of the "Pitbull Crowd". They hate Miami. They are utopists always in search of the ultimate frontier. Of course, Utopia only exists in their minds. I bet you have piles of those people in California.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead Shrike View Post
I agree that Pitbull wouldn't have been my choice but this country elected twice a president who was DUI. He had the keys to the country. Also, many with questionable morals have been kighted in England. Not just a Miami phenomenon.
Soooo true !!!

Old 08-21-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quillorro View Post
a criminal for doing 100 on the palmetto? Then the entire city is packed with criminals. They should change those stupid traffic laws. Why do they sell porsches for? Pitbull is a great artist, but you don't like him because he's bilingual. As to the city of miami granting him the keys, maybe you remember when in 1965 the queen of england appointed each member of a band of hippy-commie drug addicts members of the order of the british empire.recreational drug usemccartney's introduction to drugs started in hamburg, germany.[136] the beatles had to play for hours, and they were often given "prellies" (preludin) by german customers or by astrid kirchherr (whose mother bought them). Mccartney would usually take one, but lennon would often take four or five.[137]mccartney remembered getting "very high" and giggling when the beatles were introduced to cannabis by bob dylan in new york, in 1964.[138] mccartney's use of cannabis became regular, and he was quoted as saying that any future beatles' lyrics containing the words "high", or "grass" were written specifically as a reference to cannabis—as was "got to get you into my life".[139] john dunbar's flat at 29 lennox gardens, in london, became a regular hang-out for mccartney, where he talked to musicians, writers and artists, and smoked cannabis.[64] in 1965, miles introduced mccartney to hash brownies by using a recipe for hash fudge he found in the alice b. Toklas cookbook.[140] during the filming of help!, he and the other beatles occasionally smoked a spliff in the car on the way to the studio during filming, which often made them forget their lines.[141] help! Director dick lester said that he overheard "two beautiful women" trying to cajole mccartney into taking heroin, but he refused.[141] mccartney called for the legalization of cannabis in 1967mccartney's attitude about cannabis was made public in the 1960s, when he added his name to an advertisement in the times, on 24 july 1967, which asked for the legalisation of cannabis, the release of all prisoners imprisoned because of possession, and research into marijuana's medical uses. The advertisement was sponsored by a group called soma and was signed by 65 people, including the beatles, epstein, rd laing, fifteen doctors, and two mps.[142]mccartney was introduced to cocaine by robert fraser, and it was available during the recording of sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band.[143][144] he admitted that he used the drug multiple times for about a year but stopped because of the unpleasant come down.[145]in 1967, on a sailing trip to greece[146] (with the idea of buying an island for the whole group)[147] mccartney said everybody sat around and took lsd, although mccartney had first taken it with tara browne, in 1966.[148][149][150] he took his second "acid trip" with lennon on 21 march 1967 after a studio session.[151] mccartney was the first british pop star to openly admit using lsd, in an interview in the now-defunct "queen" magazine.[152] his admission was followed by a tv interview in the uk on independent television news on 19 june 1967, when mccartney was asked about his admission of lsd use, he said:“ i was asked a question by a newspaper, and the decision was whether to tell a lie or tell him the truth. I decided to tell him the truth ... But i really didn't want to say anything, you know, because if i had my way i wouldn't have told anyone. I'm not trying to spread the word about this. But the man from the newspaper is the man from the mass medium. I'll keep it a personal thing if he does too, you know ... If he keeps it quiet. But he wanted to spread it so it's his responsibility, you know, for spreading it, not mine. ” in spite of his statements then, and his admission (in 2004) that he had used cocaine, mccartney was not arrested by norman pilcher's drug squad, as had been lennon, harrison, donovan, and several members of the rolling stones.[145] in 1972, however, police found cannabis plants growing on his scottish farm.[153]on 16 january 1980, wings went to tokyo for 11 concerts in japan.[154] as mccartney was going through customs, officials found 7.7 ounces (218.3 g) of cannabis in his luggage.[154] he was arrested and taken to a tokyo prison while the japanese government decided what to do. Mccartney had been previously denied a visa to japan (in 1975) because he had been convicted twice in europe for possession of cannabis.[145] public figures called for mccartney to be put on trial for drug-smuggling. Had he been convicted, he would have faced up to seven years in prison.[154] the members of wings cancelled the tour and left japan. After ten days in jail, mccartney was released and deported. He was told that he would not be welcome in japan again, although a decade later he played a concert in tokyo.[154] in 1984, paul and linda mccartney were both arrested for possession of cannabis.[155][156][edit]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolailo View Post
SavDon't worry about comments of the "Pitbull Crowd". They hate Miami. They are utopists always in search of the ultimate frontier. Of course, Utopia only exists in their minds. I bet you have piles of those people in California.
Not true ... I don't hate Miami or South Florida and defend it frequently on here ... I just do not like "thug culture" or "music" ..... so a person who does not like "hip -hop " is a utopists ..... wow ... genius

When I lived in So Cal it was the same ... did not like the "thug culture " in LA but otherwise liked the city .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami