Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,181,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perferator View Post
Havent been to Leland since the fall of '79. Cant believe we havent been back there seeing how we are relatively close.

Nice pics.
Point car south, turn right at Traverse City, then left at 2nd light in Suttons Bay, then right at stop sign.
See? Not that hard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 08:29 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,883 times
I love Leland. We stumbled upon it as we were out driving getting to know the area. I love the little shops and the area. so cute. Heck, i just love living up here in michigan.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
I love Leland. We stumbled upon it as we were out driving getting to know the area. I love the little shops and the area. so cute. Heck, i just love living up here in michigan.
Sometimes people are amazed when they come up to NW Michigan/Leelanau and take a look around. They just never realized so much of Michigan is so beautiful. I wake up every day feeling lucky to be here, though I also enjoy spending time in New Mexico in the dark of winter.
Pretty hard to beat this in Summer though!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:11 PM

[quote=tecpatl;15212500]Sometimes people are amazed when they come up to NW Michigan/Leelanau and take a look around. They just never realized so much of Michigan is so beautiful. I wake up every day feeling lucky to be here, though I also enjoy spending time in New Mexico in the dark of winter.

It's funny you say that. I find myself at least daily as we are driving and we see all the different license plates, that these folks are here for only a short time, and im blessed enough to live here and see the beauty daily, regardless of the situations in life. I can not express enough how my family and i love living here.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:27 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,903,538 times
[quote=sunshineann;15227393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
Sometimes people are amazed when they come up to NW Michigan/Leelanau and take a look around. They just never realized so much of Michigan is so beautiful. I wake up every day feeling lucky to be here, though I also enjoy spending time in New Mexico in the dark of winter.

It's funny you say that. I find myself at least daily as we are driving and we see all the different license plates, that these folks are here for only a short time, and im blessed enough to live here and see the beauty daily, regardless of the situations in life. I can not express enough how my family and i love living here.
We were in the U.P last week for 9 days and its always fun to look at the plates. We saw almost every state but Hawaii I think. Mostly Wisconsin, lots of Ohio and Illinois but everywhere Wisconsin! Very nice people though....loved it!! Cant wait till we are part of northern MI. but our plans may change, and we may become Yoopers!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:21 AM

I have not been in the U.P. yet, but i plan to visit soon. I know people from there though...does that count? lol.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,903,538 times
Quote:
I have not been in the U.P. yet, but i plan to visit soon. I know people from there though...does that count? lol.
NO!

Old 07-28-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
From now thru mid-October there will be plates from all over the country...a lot from Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Illinois, but plenty from Florida, Texas and way beyond. Makes the people watching interesting.

I did my 50 plus winters in NW MI, and have nothing further to prove, so I enjoy scramming for the dark winter months. I luvs that sunshine every day in the Southwest. Not a lot warmer there at 4 or 5 thousand foot altitude, but the sun...the sun....makes all the difference.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
NO!

Oh darn it... lol. Guess then, i'll have to take a trip there myself.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:18 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,866,146 times
[quote=michmoldman;15227612]
Quote:

We were in the U.P last week for 9 days and its always fun to look at the plates. We saw almost every state but Hawaii I think. Mostly Wisconsin, lots of Ohio and Illinois but everywhere Wisconsin! Very nice people though....loved it!! Cant wait till we are part of northern MI. but our plans may change, and we may become Yoopers!
For this area it is mostly Illinois & Indiana plates. Everywhere you look it's endless IL and IN plates. Sometimes I have to drive over to the Lake just to remind myself that I am still in MI and not IL. This year there has been a LOT of Alabama, and Mississippi plates as well. More than I can remember seeing in the past years. I have to wonder is that thanks to BP, or am I just noticing them more, either way I see them every day. Most days the kids can rack up 35-40 different states watching license plates going to the beach and back. Weeks-ends they can generally get 45-49 (only see Hawaii about 1 or 2 times a year).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan