Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 04:34 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
OK all you Michiganders.....

I don't wanna here another peep about how it is up there.

Yes....please people, its not that bad you have to wish for snow, I still have a ton more Michigan to explore the rest of the summer and fall!!..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 04:39 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Yes....please people, its not that bad you have to wish for snow, I still have a ton more Michigan to explore the rest of the summer and fall!!..lol
Oops.

I meant to type "how hot it is".......

Old 08-02-2010, 06:12 PM

271 posts, read 665,048 times
I've been enjoying it and I feel like I'm one of the few locals who thinks it's nice for a change. Everybody else comes to work panting in shorts and sandals. I wear jeans and a flannel shirt or two so I don't freeze in the AC office, and go out to the shop to warm up. I've been so tired of the cold and rain and not being able to get anything done outside. This year has been great. Got my camper all stripped down and painted and the roof sealed and other repairs done. Going to get my house roof done very soon. Been able to take my daughter out for lots of bike rides and to the pool that we pay dues on. I still don't need AC either, a few fans and use of various curtains and windows keeps things just fine in the house. I've still needed a heater a few nights.It seems the tourists are enjoying it too. Charlevoix and Petoskey have been more packed than usual. Non holiday weekends on the freeway look like holiday weekends of previous years. I am not looking forward to taking my daughter back downstate on labor day. Campgrounds are packed, when for at least the last 4 years before this, we were pretty much the only ones there every time we went. Gas is still high and the economy is still a wreck so it can't be that, it's gotta be the weather. That's the only thing I'm not liking with this weather, is that it's so crowded here. Hopefully the warmth continues into the fall after many of them go home.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:12 PM

749 posts, read 2,772,321 times
It has been unusually hot this summer. Everything is about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. The cherries were early. The Goldenrod are up and blooming, and we got our first local corn in July this year....plus the Lake Mi has gotten awful warm. This could be a set up of some fierce Winter snows this year

Old 08-02-2010, 08:24 PM

364 posts, read 877,901 times
Been a very warm summer this year, but after last years cold summer we knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, probably sooner.

Think its going to be an early Fall..the chestnut trees are already browning, they usually dont start til late August (they are by far and away the first tree to change for the Fall). Plus of course we had the early spring greenup.

Cannot wait for Fall. Fall in Michigan is WONDERFUL!

Old 08-03-2010, 07:41 AM

362 posts, read 695,901 times
Once again yesterday we had a normal Michigan Auguset day if you turn a blind eye to the blooming Golden Rod and Asters. They are morethan a month ahead by our records.
Of course that is to change today and into the week, more heat and humidity.

Can't wait for the snow and all the beautiful sights winter brings to Michigan instead of the burnt up flowers and grasses we have had this record setting summer heat wise.

A good rool in the snow makes you smile.

Untracked snow & a frosty morning takes your breath away.

You can sit in your heated AC homes and complain about winter and enjoy the summers heat from your AC offices and homes but try doing all your work out in this stuff.

Al

Old 08-03-2010, 08:03 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
The one thing those of us up here in the U.P. have to look forward too is time. As a rule fall does come early for us. I can see the changes already in the leaves, the sun lower in the sky ( not so good a thing now with the extreme heat), so , it won't be long now, if we can just get through the next 3 weeks.......with out AC.... many up here do have AC , and some years don't use it. I elected not to put it in my new build, to cut costs. Its times like this I wish I had, but then at night it cools off, so , I still am fighting with myself about the decision. Today it will reach 85 I guess....way too hot for us !

Old 08-03-2010, 09:32 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,642,406 times
This thread takes me back to the person who posted a long time ago it only seems cold to him/her when it gets down to 10 degrees. A temp of 10 degrees is freezing cold to me, and the 85 we're having today is not what I consider hot at all. Everything is relative I guess. You folks looking at these snow pics are doing what I do all winter only in the reverse. i look at pictures of summer when everything is green and in bloom. You guys who are suffering in the weather now won't have long to wait until it goes the other way again. I don't have AC either, and that is one thing I do wish I had because it does get muggy in the house. I'd run a little AC just to cool it down a bit, but otherwise this is heaven to me.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:23 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
I lost 4.5 lbs. of water today mowing my lawn in this humidity. I hate humidity. Lived in the south for almost 30 years before moving back to MI, so I got my fill of sticky and sweaty. Just bought a house with no AC, and I feel like I've been covered in syrup when it gets this warm & humid up here. I'm thankful for the warm summer from the recreational standpoint (warm lakes especially), but I am sick of the ants, the wasps, and my lawn growing like wildfire. Another month or so of this and I'll be more than ready for some cool, crisp air to come flowing through these windows!

Old 08-03-2010, 11:31 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times
I love all of our weather, including the heat and humidity...in small doses. I would rather it not be humid, but when its hot and humid I like to see all the activity of the birds, and butterflies in our pond and garden....then I jump in the pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan