Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 PM

5 posts, read 39,781 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Mason, OHIO to Ford at Dearborn, MI. Mason, OH is very safe place and even don't need to lock the apartments.

I am looking for very safe apartments at Dearborn, MI as my wife will be at home while I am away for work. Staying at Dearborn will be easy for me to make a travel to Ford office. I am looking for a single bed room apartment and willing to spend in the range $800 to $900.

Please let me know your recommendations and suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,274,012 times
Check on Craigslist. Dearborn's a relatively safe and neat city. You should have no problem finding an apartment (or even small house) to rent for that price range. There's a large section of Dearborn's housing stock that are smaller homes/bungalows (<1,000 sq ft) so you could get an entire house and not deal with noisy apartment complexes.

Meticulously maintained home - Notre Dame (http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/apa/2413840886.html - broken link)

Old 06-14-2011, 06:22 AM

Thanks belleislerunner. I will try to see if apartment can be found in that price range and if nothing works then I can look for small house for rent.

How safe are the below apartments in Dearborn. I tried to provided the URLs but it just converting to text.

SpringWells Park:
15630 Middlebury Drive Dearborn, MI 48120

The Lincoln at Fairlane Town Center
100 Lincoln Lane Dearborn, MI 48126

Fairlane Meadow Luxury Townhomes and Apartments
4900 Heather Dr. Dearborn, MI 48126

Thanks

Old 06-14-2011, 06:30 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,274,012 times
All three of those are fine. They will border on "suburban" in the sense that you'll be living near shopping malls as opposed to strictly residential areas (which could be good - walking distance to bars/restaturant or bad depending on traffic). The Springwells is probably the quietest location. The second one will be walking distance/adjacent to a park and shopping mall. The last one is near a ton of strip retaurants (e.g Olive Garden). I'd take the second one (Lincoln) just to be able to walk to the park/mall - but all three are in relative close proximity and should be fine. Your commute time will be sick (i.e. less than 10 minutes)

Old 06-16-2011, 01:50 PM

Thanks belleislerunner for your timely response and help. I will check Lincoln apartment first and then Springwells park. I checked the distance and everything is less than 10 mins.

Thanks

Old 06-18-2011, 03:50 PM

How good is the below apartment in Dearborn, MI? How is the safety in that area and in apartment community?

Fairlane East
16055 Knollwood Drive, Dearborn, MI 48120

Fairlane East Rentals in Dearborn, MI (http://www.fairlaneeast.com/Apartments/module/property_info/property - broken link)[id]/28217/
Fairlane East Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Dearborn apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

How is safe is Dearborn Heights compared to Dearborn, MI?

Thanks for all your help.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:59 PM

161 posts, read 246,610 times
I would recommend the western part of Dearborn over the eastern part. The east part borders the city and can be a little rough. West Dearborn (generally west of Southfield Freeway) has some really nice areas.

I'd also recommend west Dearborn over Dearborn Heights. My grandparents lived in a house in Dearborn Heights for 50 years and moved out recently. That community is starting to have issues.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:24 AM

Thank you for your help. I tried to check and most of decent apartments are in East Dearborn. Do you know any of the good apartments in West Dearborn?

Thanks

Old 06-19-2011, 04:06 PM

161 posts, read 246,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avmohio View Post
Thank you for your help. I tried to check and most of decent apartments are in East Dearborn. Do you know any of the good apartments in West Dearborn?

Thanks
Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with good complexes and what not in Dearborn. I will say that anywhere near downtown on Michigan Avenue between say Oakwood and Military is nice. That's a great little area with a lot of nice restaurants - not sure if there are apartments nearby, but I'd recommend that area.

My aunt and uncle also live just west of Telegraph and south of Cherry Hill and their neighborhood is great. It seems like a lot of houses (not apartments) in that area, but I'd recommend browsing around there.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 PM

2 posts, read 8,721 times
I would certainly recommend West Dearborn. Avoid East Dearborn, anything remotely approaching Fairlane shopping Center or Mercury Drive, avoid anything off of Southfield headed East on Michigan Ave, avoid anything off of Southfield headed East on Ford Road. You want something in West Dearborn off of Southfield and to the Wast between Rotunda and Outer Drive or further West by Outer Dr. and Cherry Hill or Telegraph and Cherry Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan