Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 03:50 PM

97 posts, read 432,677 times

Advertisements

Do any of you donate plasma? I am thinking about it. I have celiac disease and would really like to donate to access clinical. They say they pay up to 500$ twice a week for donation from people with auto immune disorders and other illnesses. Have any of you heard of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 06:14 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
A young man who occasionally does handyman work for me sells his plasma (somewhere in Flint.) If I recall correctly, the most he can make is $60 a week donating twice; if he donates so many times in a month (?) he gets some sort of bonus that gets him to the $60 a week level.

But they are really strict; and won't allow people to sell ("donating" means you are doing something for no payment, so you're talking about selling your plasma, not donating it) and if your heart rate or blood pressure or whatever isn't within their parameters, they won't take you that day. Plus, according the this young man, it is a pretty lengthy, waiting-in-line process. I know this young man has complained to me about waiting hours, then told his BP is too high and they won't buy anything from him.So he has to get a ride back home, and he's spent the better part of the day sitting around.

Note that I may be a bit fuzzy on details and this is anecdotal....but I imagine that if one could make a grand a week selling plasma, there would be a whole lot of people doing it...hell I'd do it for a grand a week along with my other work! My impression is that this is a little bit of income for people who don't have that many other options for bringing in a little money.

You say "they" and "them" - who is they and them? Have you called and talked to "they" and "them"? What do they and them say?

PS - if you saw an ad for this plasma-selling deal, be aware that "up to" includes everything from a penny on up. "Up to..." is one of the scammiest terms in marketing history.

Last edited by chiroptera; 06-19-2011 at 06:31 PM..

Old 06-19-2011, 07:42 PM

97 posts, read 432,677 times
I am calling tomorrow. They are specific in there requirements for the plasma and antibodies they are looking for. That is why the price is so high. It is hard to meet those specific requirements.

Plasma Donation Collection Facilities - Access Clinical

Old 06-19-2011, 08:01 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
Ahhh...it's a bit more specfific than the regular plasma donation that the kid I know does, then.

The tone of the site and the words "up to..." still feel hinky to me but I am a skeptic naturally. I hope it works out for you though!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:08 PM

5 posts, read 32,266 times
I have Celiac Disease too, so I contacted them. But since mine is pretty much under control with a strict diet, I don't qualify because I'm not producing the antibodies they want. Crap, if I don't get a job soon, I just might start eating gluten again so I can do this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: