Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 AM

9 posts, read 8,462 times

Advertisements

Hi - I'm a 46 y/o female from Royal Oak. Seeking new female friends - approx age 30s to 40s. I guess I look closer to 30. I'm divorced, college degree, work full time afternoons - no kids and live with boyfriend, 2 dogs and 3 cats. I've also tried meetup and will keep trying.
I'm not into the bar scene much any more. I love animals, movies, TV, walking, new restaurants, board/card games, being by the water, volunteering, travel, musicals, etc... I'm up for most new adventures. I want some friends to hang out, girl talk, watch TV, or go for walks. I don't like camping, hard core outdoor stuff or cold or rainy days or the early morning.
My BF practices his music a lot & most of my long time friends are busy with spouses, kids or whatever. My co-worker friends are all in their 20s. We still go out but they can't relate to certain things that I can.
Drop me an email & tell me about yourself or ask me anything else.
~Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 09:24 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mustluvdogs View Post
Hi - I'm a 46 y/o female from Royal Oak. Seeking new female friends - approx age 30s to 40s. I guess I look closer to 30. I'm divorced, college degree, work full time afternoons - no kids and live with boyfriend, 2 dogs and 3 cats. I've also tried meetup and will keep trying.
I'm not into the bar scene much any more. I love animals, movies, TV, walking, new restaurants, board/card games, being by the water, volunteering, travel, musicals, etc... I'm up for most new adventures. I want some friends to hang out, girl talk, watch TV, or go for walks. I don't like camping, hard core outdoor stuff or cold or rainy days or the early morning.
My BF practices his music a lot & most of my long time friends are busy with spouses, kids or whatever. My co-worker friends are all in their 20s. We still go out but they can't relate to certain things that I can.
Drop me an email & tell me about yourself or ask me anything else.
~Sue
The Michigan section of City-Data is not really set up for personal ads or "dating" inquiries.

That being said, your best bet is to join groups in your area around your interests. It also sounds like you might need a new BF.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:15 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Look for people on Meet-Up?

Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,945,387 times
This should be on Craig's List or posted at a library, health club or some type of establishment that you frequent.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:58 PM

391 posts, read 906,849 times
First suggestion....stop looking for friends on internet sites like this. Try the real world.
Just a suggestion....good luck to you.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:47 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
You want girlfriends away from live-in BF? Obviously other singles. With BF in the mix, sounds complicated and hard to advise. Clubs and organizations with common interests seem the most obvious.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:28 AM

235 posts, read 536,571 times
With your love for animals & volunteering, I'd say volunteer at your local animal shelter and see who you meet there!

Old 08-11-2012, 07:44 AM

9 posts, read 8,462 times
I did a google search & a couple similar threads popped up sorry if its the wrong venue.
Thank you everyone - Good ideas. I do get out & do things with diff people including my BF but i guess i need to get out there more. I only see my close friends every month or two & want to find more adult friends. I've been looking into volunteering at the shelter/rescue group. I think I'll take the next step & make it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: