Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:36 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaBeAYooper View Post
Get close to Lake Superior for beauty and tranquility.
It gets no better than that........when are you moving ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 08:58 PM

69 posts, read 220,755 times
I am thinking of putting my vacation home in Bay Harbor on the market. It is a beautiful area,near Petoskey. The community is on Lake Michigan (golf course, deep eater harbor, yacht club, village.) We have made great friends from all over the country living there but we are relocating to the East coast due to my husband's job. Our home a short walk to the water but in the woods near the golf course.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbailey View Post
I am thinking of putting my vacation home in Bay Harbor on the market. It is a beautiful area,near Petoskey. The community is on Lake Michigan (golf course, deep eater harbor, yacht club, village.) We have made great friends from all over the country living there but we are relocating to the East coast due to my husband's job. Our home a short walk to the water but in the woods near the golf course.
Be careful here , I know its silly , but , they will shut down your post if it looks at all like an ad...... I know , happened to me.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,250 times
Default Northern Michigan

I have a duplex in East Jordan. Many recent upgrades. You could rent both units for income, rent one side and live in the other for the summer, etc. It's about one block from the beach.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:59 PM

5 posts, read 10,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveEleven View Post
You know, the thing about the Internet is that misinformation is readily available and has a long shelf life.

Despite the erroneous declaration above, Lake Huron coastline in the NE portion of the state does appreciate, and quite nicely. Those who are ill-informed might think the coast is all rocky, which it might be in certain areas of Lake Huron. However, a quick look at Tawas Bay all the way North to Black River and Alpena reveals some of the most beautiful long sandy coastline the State has to offer. Harrisville, in particular, has a harbor of refuge, a lovely little main street, art fairs, a Wine festival, Harrisville State Park and beautiful homes. Our dream is to be snowbirds some day, God willing, and if we could live in Harrisville from Spring to Fall, we would be so happy. Lots of smart folks have made this area their home, and Lake Huron homes (espcially in Black River and Harrisville) are lovely, not too pretentious like our Western shore neighbors, and fairly well priced.

Harrisville is a place like no other....absolutely beautiful and unspoiled...that whole area is.
We just bought 10 acres just outside of Lincoln...not far from Harrisville, and plan to retire there...can't wait!! I was born in Alcona County...once it's in your blood , sooner or later you have to return.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,441 times
Thumbs up I have a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
OK, I know this is broad, but my wife and I have discussed buying some property in Northern Michigan for summer recreation. Does anyone have any advice for where to look? We would be interested in somewhere north of Mt. Pleasant, with national forest access - either the area between, say, Big Rapids and Manistee, or on the other side near the Au Sable River. Any ideas or assistance in narrowing my search?
Ohio Native,
We are improving a family campground on the Pere Marquette river just south of Baldwin MI. We will have brand new cabins, log sided...about 10-15 in total. They will be 2 and 3 bedroom, offer kitchens and showers and be about 800-1000 square feet each. There will be a 'play' area with volleyball, horseshoes a few other games including disc golf. There will be a trail as well. In order to build this...it will be rather costly....We are considering offering packages of a few to several weeks per year....for a certain # of years....say 10. These packages could be very flexible...say...whatever someone wanted. The price guarantee is what they would be buying. Market research suggests they could rent for 150 per night. Initial pricing would be less. The package could be much less. Fishing will be a big attraction. Canoeing another. Would you or anyone you know have any interest in this? I would love to know how you feel about it....
Brian

Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Well Brian...

I gotta say as a frequent visitor to that part of Michigan.....

Absolutely!

The Baldwin and Pere Marquette Rivers have world class trout fishing.

Deer, bear, coyote, owls, turkey, etc. all over the place.

Yes, black bear.

Our dear friend has property just north of M-10 right between Reed City and Baldwin.

Wonderful place.

And FYI, about the most northern place in the U.S. where you can find sassafrass.

And it's abundant.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:56 PM

I still think a lot of folks stop before it gets better...futher north , across the bridge , everything changes , for the better.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,441 times
Default Great Idea

Ohio Native,
tried to post this answer a couple days ago. We are improving a family campground just south of baldwin on the Pere Marquette river. Cabins will be 2-3 bedroom offer kitchens and baths. Rec area will include volleyball, horseshoes and various other games including a disc golf course. Fishing, hunting, canoeing, ATV riding, snowmobiling will be biggest activities. We are considering offering pre-paid packages for daily or weekly rentals. Almost like a time share...but a lot more simple. Research suggests we would get 125-150 per night. Packages could guarantee prices of 80-100 per night for packages of 2-6 weeks/year for a period of say 10 years. I would love to hear your thoughts on that.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:22 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM River Cabins View Post
Ohio Native,
tried to post this answer a couple days ago. We are improving a family campground just south of baldwin on the Pere Marquette river. Cabins will be 2-3 bedroom offer kitchens and baths. Rec area will include volleyball, horseshoes and various other games including a disc golf course. Fishing, hunting, canoeing, ATV riding, snowmobiling will be biggest activities. We are considering offering pre-paid packages for daily or weekly rentals. Almost like a time share...but a lot more simple. Research suggests we would get 125-150 per night. Packages could guarantee prices of 80-100 per night for packages of 2-6 weeks/year for a period of say 10 years. I would love to hear your thoughts on that.
Will you have tent sites?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan