Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM

695 posts, read 3,409,766 times

Advertisements

Hey folks, I noticed someone in the Detroit forum had a lot of good feedback on apartments in Royal Oak, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good and not so good apartments at low prices in Port Huron? I know of some, I believe called St. Clair Landing? On Military Street and on Electric Avenue, anyone know how good these are or some other apartments? I thought there were some around Omar Street and Lakeview Avenue? Thanks for your help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 08:23 PM

30 posts, read 116,581 times
cardwellave,
It all depends on what you're looking for. The appartments on Military or Electric are all low income. This means you can get them for cheap, but you'll have to deal with some of the problems brought on by your neighbors. You can even rent out houses in Port Huron for very cheap. I'd look for anything in the north end of town as opposed to teh south side. Crime rates are much higher on the south end. You could also look in Marysville (south of the city), Fort Gratiot (north of the city) or Port Huron Township.
FYI - all of the numbered streets (10th, 11th, 12th, etc.) are called Street on the south end and Avenue in the north end.

Check out Times Herald - www.thetimesherald.com - Port Huron, MI and check their appartment link.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:18 PM

Yeah I know the area real well. I really like the north end, though I always thought it had more crime, like around the bridge. Is that just an illusion? Any idea how cheap some of the houses might rent for?

Old 03-02-2008, 12:44 PM

There is some crime around the bridge area and some in the area south of the overpass bridge (by I-94) and north of the Black River (near Domtar Paper and Skidgies bar). Also, anything just north of downtown (Erie to Michigan, near SC4) is a little bad. But, as a whole the north end is far better and safer than the south end.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:51 PM

Interesting, thanks a lot. Do you have any clue how much homes might go for rent or which apartments might be better ones?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:43 AM

I'm not sure on the apartment complexes themselves, but I'm sure you can find decent apartments starting around $400-$450 per month, depending on what you're looking for.

Depending on your budget and how much room you need, I'd go for something like this:
Apartment Community At a Glance Page

or this:

Apartment Community At a Glance Page

as opposed to apartment complexes. You can certainly find houses cheaper than that too. Maybe they don't have as much upside as these two, but you won't be hemmed in on 2 or 3 sides by neighbors that may or may not be the type of people you might want to choose to live next to. Of course, this is just my personal opinion, I'm sure many others prefer a complex to a house. As far as the complexes go, I'm not too familiar with ones that would be considered 'good'. I know that there are a couple in the north end to check out. One would be located on Gratiot, north of Krafft (in between Gratiot and Fairway Dr.), another would be on North River Rd. that backs up to the Black River.
I know one of these is called 'Golfview Arms', but I can't remember which one, since they're both close to golf courses.

Good luck in your search.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,380 times
I am a female on the slightly smaller scale, but still bad ass, lol, and I am looking to move into the area since I will be starting school in feburary and hopefully obtaining a job around the area sometime soon. I was hoping someone could give me good feedback on someplace I might approach to live since I dont want to get ripped off or....anything else. I appreciate any help offered. Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan